authentic shinobi shozoku

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by togakure_ninpo, Feb 13, 2004.

1. the__raven

the__raven New Member

never tried tie dye.

mesh is actually fish-net. so it's easier than you think. think bank robber with panty hose on his head. just put it on before the mask and it will give the same effect as mine.

if you don't know how to move it could make sound. it's a store bought hakama and i'm not sure of what it's made of.

navy seals use neoprene (spelling) dive suits, i think. i've seen some interesting latex stuff but all that's too tight for me.

if you get bored and think of more questions feel free to ask. i'll help however i can.

2. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Yeah, I'd love to get me some of that latex, and be the ultimate... stereotype :D

Also, with the mask, and the fish net, how hard is it breathing under that. I've never worn an actual made mask, the closest thing I've come to was an old t-shirt worn a certain way over my head, but that pretty much suffocated me, how is it with breathing?

But seriously though, do you have any more information/links on that SEAL stuff, I know I probably wouldn't be able to buy it but I'm kinda interested in it. Plus, would black (Dark grey, whatever) really work well as far as waterproofing and durability goes?

Oh, and if you bought the Hakama it should have a label on the back. If it just says cotton then I think it's 100% Cotton, which is good, :) breathes. But if it says more than more than one fabric...

3. Gohanssj

Gohanssj New Member

OK guys this guy is a fraud, dont buy from his site at this its easy to see that its dangerous to trust him.

If you want a very good quality ninja suit, go to this site I just found, I came across them looking for a uniform for Kenjutsu..yes guys, I have steered away from the ninja arts.

I dont know, my heart just wasnt in it, I really got into martial arts to learn kenjutsu and iaijutsu, which I will be once we move, and when I get Sensei Tarvers course, plus with Aikijutsu/Kenjutsu school 3 times a week to where I am moving.

Anyway, this site is very very good for all aspects of traditional japanese martial arts clothing, they have everything!! hehe

http://www.shop-japan.co.jp/english-boku/martial-arts5.htm

Scroll down the bottom to find proper outfits, they are very good, this site you can trust, and they are better quality than that other guys. :D

4. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Gohan, you should really be careful about making accusations on the Internet, especially ones based on one's own opinion. I have two friends now who have order from the Shinobi-Ya website and have received their merchandise. All the items I have seen thus far have been of good quality. If I were going to buy anything from the website, I would have no qualms about having to wire the money as I know, from experience, that the merchandise ordered is received, and fairly quickly at that from what I have been told. Just wanted you to be careful about slandering someone's business when they may rely on it for a hefty part of their income. Take care.

5. Gohanssj

Gohanssj New Member

I am saying that I would much rather buy from the site I said, then buy from him.

He makes his and sells them, the ones onthe site I said, they have them made properly, and its cheaper to, so who wouldnt buy somthing better and cheaper?

6. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

See, this is what I don't understand. By your statements above, you are making it out to be as though the man does not know the proper way to make a Tattsuke-hakama. Also, in your first post, you did, in fact, call the man a fraud, which is slanderous. Aside from that, when adding the price of the Tattsuke-hakama and other pieces together on shop-japan.co.jp, they are equivalent to that of the Shinobi-Ya website. The Shinobi-Ya website also automatically makes the products custom-fitted whereas shop-japan charges more. It is fine to recommend alternate sites to readers here, but I think it is disrespectful to call someone a fraud and claim that they use cheap materials along with suggesting that their products are made improperly.

7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Silent's right, you did call him a fraud. How much dealings have you had with him?
    It's fine to recommend a site or shop, we all do. However, refrain from making claims such as the one above, with out documented proof.
    This is a fair warning to everyone, next time "BAM" I delete or edit the slanderous comments and you get a nice PM. Second time, no nice PM.

8. Shinobi_Of_Iga

Shinobi_Of_Iga New Member

Interesting...

I was reading this thread and I decided to do a little investigating...

I found this while searching:
    http://www.shinobishozoku.com/index.html

I thought that this was very cool. It sells practically the same things that Shinobi Ya does. So I e-mailed the guy...

this is what he wrote:

"Actually, shinobi ya is my supplier. I buy the product from him at wholesale and I resell it. It's because of the 'shady' method of payment that he has trouble getting orders. I have ordered from him and he is reliable, but
    because he lives in Indonesia it is very difficult to take normal methods of
    payment."

I thought that was cool. I hope this cleared things up a bit

9. fr00bl00ps

fr00bl00ps New Member

Hey, i'v read through all of the posts on this thread. I very very recently registered here. I found it searching for a fairly cheap shinobi shozoku. I wanted to know if anyone who still checks this thread could help me find one that it not too much over 70$. This doesnt have to include tabi boots. I'm afraid of ordering a cheap 30$ uniform because.....well, they all look pretty cheap. But hey it sonly 30$, and im creative and can probably fix almost and problem, but i dont want to make quick decisions. whew*

10. Flipper

Flipper Banned Banned

Image removed - Freeform

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  11. Existence

Existence Super Saiyajin :o

OH SNAPS!
    dude i want to be a shinobi sooooo bad, once i buy this suit im gonna go sneek
    up on random people and scare them muahahhahahahhahaha. the xkans are so fake.... they dont even masks :( Im so glad i listened to this one kung fu dude who told me to quit.(He explained to me all the suspect techniques that REQUIRE 100% ACCURACY. obviously fake ) chea lame. i really saw how my former sensei sucked after that

For real though, since there isnt any real ninjutsu anymore, at least i can have fun with this cool costume.

12. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

easter holidays already?

13. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

too much red cordial

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Nah, its the weekend, schools out!! :cry:

15. JKDNinjaStudent

JKDNinjaStudent New Member

quick question on colors

Would it be effective to use a dark purple as a color for the shinobi shozoku?
    Or would it stand out? This is a question of whether or not it would be an effective stealth color. I ask for no other reason than the fact that I enjoy the color purple and no not the movie :p

16. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Any color that represents your enviornment is fine.
    If you are going to run around in the night a violet, dark purple, indigo, charcole, dark blue, etc, are fine colors.
    Now a dark purple might not be too good if you are running around in the light but when, where, and why you use it is up to you.

17. Shau

Shau kurai okami

I would have to agree with kali, in fact i was about to type a similar response, but was beat to it :Alien:

Also, you could use a really dark red, that way if you were injured, your opponent couldn't tell to what extent cause it would just blend in :cool:

And I'm actually in the color purple movie! Well, for maybe like a split second. It was filmed in the town where I live. I was young tho. I'm waiting for the sequal "Color Purple: Oprah no Shinobi" :woo:

18. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I think RED is the only way to go for a ninjer suit.

19. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Yes, in particular during day time snow missions!
    :bang:

20. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

or when the painters are in.

:)