authentic shinobi shozoku

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by togakure_ninpo, Feb 13, 2004.

1. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Just in case anyone had any funny ideas, for the record, I am [/I]not the Scott doing the jumping snap kick in the picture. You guys really should do a search for Vintage Japanese Kimono. My maroon and black kimono with battleaxes rising vertically between twin lines is quite mod, and just the thing for getting tea after a long night of wife-jutsu or girlfriend-jutsu...

--Scott

2. ninjadude

ninjadude New Member

damn

dude alittle late in posting but i ordered from that site and it was well worth it. that shozoku was awesome. it still is but....its just a saying. :yeleyes:

3. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Interested in making from scratch

I was thinking about making my own shinobi shozoku from scratch, you know, sewin it all together. I had a look on google but I'm hopeless and i came up with nothing, I've noticed a few of you have made it yourself. Would any of you be able to either send me designs for a suit, or have any links to internet sites where there would be designs?

Also, I guess i'd have to buy tabis though, unless if there's some way to making them? With the rubber soling, I think I'll just buy some and dye them.

P.S. Thanks already though, you guys have answered many of my questions, but could you help me out on this one please?

4. RussianNinja

RussianNinja New Member

Yea i wish i actually had money to order one of the suits, but i cant come up with the money. Dont even have ajob. Oh well, maybe someday. But making one of my own sounds cool. Ninja monkey if you get the designs can you send them to me too?

5. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Sure.

Sure thing RussianNinja, but I don't think i'll get my answer on this thread. I'm thinking of creating a new one, this thread's getting old and I think it's been forgotten.

6. the__raven

the__raven New Member

Sorry i've been looking for patterns online for you. although almost everything i've hit costs money hopefully you can use something i found. i can't find the site with the pattern for a cowl like i used. it was easy to make.

if you want the suit to be durable it's going to cost a lot. unless you already have the fabric. i put one together from just a cheap ninja suit that retails for $30 or so and a hakama and tabi boots.

well here are the links.
    Hakama:

http://www.myvoguefabrics.com/I_Patterns/FolkWear/f151.htm
    http://luxnova.home.mindspring.com/samuraigame/hakama.html
    http://sarcasm.fanfic.org/hakamapattern.html
    http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/graphics/patterns/hakama1.PDF

anything else you need:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/roundearth/patterns.html

7. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Thanks so much

Thanks a hell of a lot Raven,
    I didn't expect anyone to go to the lengths that you have, thankyou.

However, what I want is to sew from scratch my own 'authentic' if you will Shinobi Shozoku. From the links you gave me it seems I would have to sew Hakama pants, i'm sorry but i'm not interested in doing that. Thanks for the links though, I'll use them to see if I can find what I'm looking for.

The problem is I don't know the first thing about sewing, but I will learn. Thankyou again for your efforts.

This might seem like a big ask after what's been given to me, but does anyone else have patterns for a Shinobi Shozoku. (Jacket, Pants, hood and mask, I take it I'll have to buy my Tabi, unless if that's possible to make as well).

8. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Alright that's it

Now i feel like a all out fool.
    Thanks so much Raven.
    I followed the links and had A LOOK AROUND like any other normal little ninja would've done, and found pretty much precisely what I was looking for. Jacket, pants and tabi socks (I think I'll have to buy Tabi boots but that's okay). The only thing is i think I'll have to find some other way to make the hood and mask, shouldn't be too hard, I'll probably just have to do some more searching on the links you gave me. Sorry again, you gave me everything I needed and I spat it back up in your face
    THANKYOU!!!!!!!!

9. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

One more

I still have just one more annoying question. Do you know how I'd be able to sew it together for camouflage? All different colours and such? I think what I'd have to do is make the suit one base colour, then stitch random patches of varying colours onto it, which seems a bit dodgy, any ideas?
    Thanks so much for what you've already done though.

10. the__raven

the__raven New Member

well my hood and mask are custom as well as my guantlets. i made them after carefully thinking about what was wrong with the ones i bought. the hood came from a simple pattern that my girlfriend may still have on here computer.

i wear a balaclava underneath my hood and face mask.

in case you missed it here's some pics of mine.
    http://pics.adonais.net/lj/raven/2004/040922/

if i find the hood pattern i'll post it here.

11. the__raven

the__raven New Member

12. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

That treat bag looks tricky :D

13. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Thanks

Thanks a bunch.
    Anyone still have any ideas hew to sew your own custom camouflage though. I don't want to buy predone camo. I think the way I'll have to do it is by getting a base colour, then sewing different patches of colours onto that.

14. Gohanssj

Gohanssj New Member

Hmmm, Im not sure about that guys site...

But the shinobi shozoku he has look awesome!

Im gonna try to make my own aswell, I havent started, but I have a fair idea of what im gonna do, All ya have to do is study traditional shinobi shozoku and try to get a fair idea of their make.

I wish there were more reliable sites that sold baggy loose ones..

Are the pants that they had just Hakama tied up with the leggings? Or do they just have really baggy pants?

What im gonna do Is study the pics of his customer photos and try to get the feel of them, try to copy em...meh its worth a shot..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  15. Gohanssj

Gohanssj New Member

Wait a minute...

I have stared at the pics for a while, looking at all the little details, and now I have a fair idea of how he makes them..

He basicly uses a normal Gi top, he has them a large size so that they have that baggy look.

I see that all the guys in the pics are wearing normal hakama's, hes just sewed on some ties around the waist, knees and ankles.

And on their forearms, well I dont know if he has made them or bought them..they seem to be made though, they dont look like they would be too hard to make.

Anyone know how hes made the mask like that?

But at close observation, it seems that you could make one basicly excatly the same but alot cheaper. :)

16. the__raven

the__raven New Member

iga bakama (hakama with closed lower leg)

basically a hakama will do for the baggy pants , which is how i did it.

i basically the head piece is the same pattern i left a link for with extra long ties at the bottom to wrap around your neck and it's all about folding the top part.

i've done it before but i can't explain really well.

17. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Why do you want to make all this right now?, Halloween isn't for another year yet. If I was going out trick or treating, I'd go as a ghoul or a skeleton. The ninja costume is too tricky :D

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  18. the__raven

the__raven New Member

19. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Wowwee!!

That Shinobi Shozoku looks great! I can see how you've use the hakama, I think i might use the same idea :D . If you don't mind of course.

I have a few questions though.

1. Have you thought about making it a different colour. I've heard of tie dying for a camo effect, I don't know how to do it, if you do, can you explain it to me plz.

2. How did you get that mesh sort of thing to cover the eyes, that looks like it might be complicated. :confused:

3. And also, it looks good, but is it quiet? The hakama looks like it might make a bit of noise, what did you make it out of, cotton?

I hope I haven't barraged you with questions but I need to know. :eek:

20. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

One more question that's a bit off the topic. Do you know how I'd go about making a more water durable suit. Sort of like the SEALs would use on a water mission. What do they make those suits out of, some sort of rubber? I reckon that'd be awesome to make something like that. Some sort of skin tight lycra ninja dude :D