Australian ITF National Championships!

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by ZenPixelTKD, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Well the National Championships for ITF TaekwonDo are on the 19th and 20th of November. Not long to go!!!
    It should be great because there are going new events such as male and female self defence teams, and TK-1.
    The selections for the Junior World Championships Australian Team is going to be held on the same weekend.
    I am especially looking forward to TK1 as I came third last time, and I am planning to improve on that! :D

Entry is free so hopefully anybody that lives in Melbourne, regardless of organisation can come along! And should!!!!
    the website is www.rmititf.com
    If you wanted more infomation or to register!!
    Hope to see you there!!!

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

I was going to go... :lol: you know the story though

3. ZenPixelTKD

Well the Championships were yesterday. It went really well, everyone at the event showed great spirit!
    I am very proud of my club, we got a place in just about every event! Especially my girls team!
    We are all colour belts, and we won Team Patterns and came 2nd in Team Sparring.

One of the girls won in her division for patterns and I got 2nd.
    I also got second in individual sparring.

But the thing I am happiest is: The TaekwonKing event.
    It is 3 x 3 minute rounds and a bit heavier contact.
    It only started this year so not many people have entered it yet.
    There were only two women entered, myself and one other girl. She was in the next weight catagory up, so I had to fight in that weight catagory instead.

I was a bit nervous, because she looked really mean, and a lot bigger than me!
    But I was really determined to win, I had been training really hard.
    So I went pretty hard through the first two rounds, really trying to wear her down

At one minute left in the third round the score was like 56 to 39 (to me)
    I did a left jab and hit her right in the eye (hehe) and KO'd her!!!
    I didn't think you could knock out someone with a jab! I have never knocked anyone out before. I didn't know what she was doing for a second, because she kind of just looked at me and then spiralled onto the floor and just laid there.
    So I won by knock out!
    Which means that I am the Female TaekwonKing for 2005 (Or should that be TaekwonQueen? Hmm no matter!) and I am the first one ever! I have a really great photo of Master Tam and Myself with my trophy, I will post it her once I get it developed and scan it!

KO, I am a bully!

4. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Well done sounds like you had a good day. Thats the best way to win by Knock out.

5. Plato

Plato New Member

Congratulations!

Plato
    3rd Degree, ITF
    New York City

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Great job!!

7. G50

G50 Night Owl

Congratulations, I hope you had a lot of fun, and learned a lot from that experience. :D

8. ZenPixelTKD

Yeah, when you punch someone in the eye, they either start crying or fall over!

9. ShadowWarrior

O sweet,, congrats! How did Rua Kaiou go? Did he go in the end? Was there any kiwis there? O and was Lewis Looi there? Do you know??

Congrats once again...i wish i could have made it...but financial problems arent a great help in this art. :D

10. ZenPixelTKD

Rua Kaiou and his mother were there, but none of the other Kiwi's made it.
    I saw the selections for the Australian Junior team... maybe I can give you some inside knowledge!

11. ShadowWarrior

Sweet,,,i thought Rua and Lin was there. Did he compete?
    Yea if you can give me some heads up that would be good... Ill pm you my details and perhaps you could email me. Or we can get in touch some other way.
    Cheers :D

12. ZenPixelTKD

Rua did individual patterns and TK 1. And team sparring (though I don't think he actually got to spar). He was going to do special techniques and power breaking but he had to leave to catch his plane.
    It was his birthday too, and our club organised a cake. I wanted him to blow the candles out with a punch but he wouldn't! :(

13. ShadowWarrior

O awesome! I didn't know it was his birthday,,better send him a txt! :D

14. John G

John G Valued Member

I was just watching the video of you lot singing Happy Birthday to Rua at the tourney. Gee I hope your TKD is better than your singing… :D

15. ZenPixelTKD

Thats because all the WA people couldn't sing in tune!

16. John G

John G Valued Member

So true but, what do you expect from Sandgropers :D , before I forget congratulations on your win.

From all accounts our lot (WA) had a great time over there (although from the looks of it some of the heavy weigh male sparring was brutish at times) The weather was well... Melbourne, but the hospitality was great.

Keep training and maybe we might see you in Perth next year at the nationals.

Respectfully,

17. ZenPixelTKD

I am definatly going to be in Perth next year. I have never been there before and I have heard that is a really beautiful place to visit as well!

Yeah, there was some pretty heavy contact on the day. I got one of my contact lenses punched out. I had to fight the rest of that round with only one eye! Might have helped with intimidation, the other girl probably thought I was winking at her!

Taekwon.