Austrailia?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by jewel_of_buddha, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jewel_of_buddha

jewel_of_buddha Valued Member

This is totally off topic, but alot of MAP members seem to originate from Austrailia. I wonder why :p Well anyways, in my opinion they are beautiful people with lovely accents. Maybe Ill visit someday.

2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Criminals, all of them!!!! :D

3. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

It's mostly based on the time of day. I actually find the majority of members are from the UK, and many from the USA and Oceania.

4. jewel_of_buddha

Last couple profiles I checked out were film makers as well. Hmm must just be coincidences. Or maybe people who love martial arts, also love to make films and come from the UK & Austrailia. Oh well another mystery that goes unsolved. :p

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Hahahaha. Lovely accents? Ahahah our accents are crap!
    Well not mine, mines an Australia/Irish one. Horray.

6. jewel_of_buddha

Irish accents are also magnificent! I can only imagine how wonderful the two accents could sound when combined. :D

7. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

nothing worse than a belfast accent! :bang:

*opens legs and prepares for groin field goal*

8. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Ha! I'm Aussie and a film maker. Can't explain that. Maybe something to do with being a nation of brilliant, driven, creative people.

9. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

I live in Australia but I am only a student... I do personally filming of fights though!!

10. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

I suppose it depends on when you visit the site. When I am online, there is an excess of Brits and Americans, with the odd Aussie and HKer (slip). However, when I am logging off at around 10pm the Aussies start coming online.

In user-numbers, you tend to see a group of people from the same country turn up within a few weeks of each other. A group of Irish, or a group of Americans, or a group of Scots.

11. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

If it's easier for you, you could always visit Shepherd's Bush in London. That's where most Australians live these days! ;)

If you close your eyes you'll feel just like you are in Australia. (Provided you do it in the summer. :D )

12. Cannibal Bob

Cannibal Bob Non Timetis Messor

Aww, your making me blush. :D

If you do come out here, be sure to go to Newcastle, about an hour and a half north of Sydney.

We have it all here, beaches, people, roads, you'll love it. Now if only we had Praying Mantis school here.

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

According to the lastest MAP site statistics for month of Dec....
    the U.S. had the lead for the most members logging on!

Next- Great Britain, Australia, Europe, then Canada.

Hard to say at any given time frame what country has the most members logged on but Wednesdays seem to be our busiest day would you believe??

I remember being one of the very few Americans here among all the UK'ers a few years ago..... ;)

Oh and don't forget those Scottish lads in their kilts.... love their accents too ;)

14. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yeah but didn't I hear they are returning the favour and shipping all their Criminals to Walsall! :D :D

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

We left Europe??!! Can't believe I missed that one! ;)

So where are we now? Floating off the coast of Africa somewhere? :D

16. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Maybe it means that since I am a film maker, I don't have a real job, and can spend all my time online...

17. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

nothing worse than a belfast accent!

Hah dream on...nothing worse that an English accent. Any of the english accents.

18. jewel_of_buddha

To us americans they're all charming! At least in my opinion :love:

19. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

that could work but summer in england is probably like winter here i need to find out went it 10 pm over there, so i'm no the only aussie.

20. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Summer in England is lovely! The rain gets warmer. ;)

I'm afraid I couldn't understand this.