Attributes training for stick fighting

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Nubreed, May 29, 2003.

1. Nubreed

Nubreed Banned Banned

Nubreed Stick Drills

I learned the basket-ball drills from Guro Ron Balicki
    I developed the stick grappling drills from principles of Wun Hop Kuen Do.

Here are some drills to help build strength and coordination with the stick and live hand.

1. With your partner and you holding each end of a baston together, you work at disarms and counters to disarms, with-out letting go of the stick Rt. to Rt. Lt. to Rt. hand positions on stick
    a. adding punches/elbows b. adding kicks/knees
    c. trapping/chokes/takedowns

2. With you and your partner using two bastons holding each end together, you apply the same concepts as #1

Strength drill
    3. Using two bastons in your hands, get into a push-up position and using the butt of the sticks try to do 10 push-ups.
    a. once you get the coordination and balance down, with the sticks move side to side walking forward, backward with the sticks.

3a. Tires- hang you a tire with some rope and practice your power strikes and combinations with both hands. For a good burn put the punta inside the tire and hit in small angles all over the inside of the tire X + / \ ---

4. Using a basketball against the wall about shoulder high, using your left hand circle around the ball clockwise and counterclockwise with switching to palm and back of the hand, trying to keep the ball from falling.

Variations to work on.
    a. practice changing hands back and forth without stopping the circles
    b. if you are having trouble with keeping the ball on the wall, start on the ground first, try to keep it from spining away from you!
    c. practice at different levels on the wall head, midsection, knee level
    d. work at moving down and up
    e. work at moving across the wall from one end to the other.
    f. work at using your whole body; head, elbows, knees, feet, etc.
    g. get a partner and switch off with them, without stopping the movement.
    h. standing face to face both of you holding the ball and add the drills together.

Nubreed Martial Arts Systems, let me know what you think?