ATTN: Kneerider

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Yes indeed! :)

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Goosnargh luck man. What are you thinking about as a career?

3. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Excellent use of the Betelgeusian word for when you want to say something but don't know what! Looking at light cavalry crewman, gets you a HGV licence and hopefully level 2 and 3 in engineering.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  4. Pretty In Pink

Nice one man. The advice I got that I wish I'd taken when I attempted to join is "start running longer. More distance and don't worry about the time. Want to put in about 5 miles a day and that will bring your run time down real quick."

hewho and axelb like this.
  5. hewho

hewho Valued Member

First timed run in a little while, 1.4 miles in 10:30. Been doing fartlek on super hilly and steppy routes, and last night did a mile of loaded (in my case) intervals with the ladyfriend, who wants to get back into running.

axelb likes this.
  6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Great pace!

What load were you carrying for the mile?

7. hewho

hewho Valued Member

About 5kg. Big rucksack full of camping gear, going wild camping in the next couple of weeks so want to be used to carrying the weight!

axelb likes this.
  8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

My holiday started Friday, first run of the holiday was a 1.1 miler in Lincoln, including the aptly named 'Steep Hill'. Didn't time it, I'm just glad I got up the hill without stopping! 14% gradient according to Wiki Steep Hill - Wikipedia upload_2019-9-8_20-8-8.png

axelb and Frodocious like this.
  9. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Just a walk today, 11 miles in 3 hours with a 10.7 kg rucksack upload_2019-9-8_22-3-30.png

axelb likes this.
  10. hewho

hewho Valued Member

3.1 miles in 28 ish minutes. Did the first 1 mile in around 9 minutes so happy there!
    upload_2019-9-18_19-57-51.png

Pretty In Pink and axelb like this.
  11. hewho

hewho Valued Member

1.4 miles in 10:53 today. Bit disappointing, as I have done the same route quicker, and have my final meeting tomorrow before the army fitness test a week from now. Tapering off, so low intensity intervals for the rest of the week.

*edit*
    Having put that time in a pace/distance/time calculator, it turns out my pace is about 7:46.5 (rounded) per mile. Which should get me a 1.2 mile (test distance) time of 9:19.7, so I'm a little happier. Gotta put the effort in on the day though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  12. Pretty In Pink

That's good man but for improving your time you might want to look into running a 5 mile minimum every time or at least twice a week if you're serious about joining.

13. hewho

hewho Valued Member

About 2 minutes after posting this I discovered I'd failed the medical due to my shoulder issues, so I will be appealing, but it gives me a while to work on it. I've thrown in the odd longer run, but a running colleague of mine said 'distance down to time first, then work on increasing the mileage'. Will/would have definitely worked on distance between the test and phase 1 though!

14. Pretty In Pink

It's true but 5 mile should be your minimum starting point.