ATTN: Kneerider

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

5.93mph would be 9.543kmh.

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

It would but my original measure was km per minute so 1km per 6.28 min.

ie slow but not as slow you said!! :D

Simon likes this.
  3. hewho

hewho Valued Member

36552678_2220827454870142_3055392687302639616_n.jpg
    3.5 mile trail run. Felt okay, had enough left to do a big hill sprint for the final 1 or 2 hundred metres!

Pretty In Pink, Knee Rider and axelb like this.
  4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

12 miles in under two hours. Going to do the same today. Hopefully try and get a better time. Want to run this at 7:45 per mile average.

EDIT: Since I've changed my lace's to these elastic slip on lace-replacement I've had no blisters or issues.

Attached Files:

Frodocious, Travess and axelb like this.
  5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

awesome going! I also have elastic laces for my main running shoes :D

I found this useful if you have particular areas that get sore/rub on the longer runs.
    Top 12 Running Shoe Lacing Techniques and Knots (Infographic)

I use the "one area too tight" near the front of my foot as I often rubbed causing all sorts of fun problems.

6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Treadmill Saturday, 1km 5:10
    Treadmill today (Monday) 1km 5:07
    Looking to hit 2km in 10:15 or under, so will be mixing short speed workouts, longer runs, and strides.

Pretty In Pink and Travess like this.
  7. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

That's a good strong pace He who - How are feeling at the end of your 1km runs at those paces?

Travess

hewho likes this.
  8. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Cheers. More gassed than after 8 non stop rounds of rolling! Well enough to go and workout or run home, but not well enough to try to hit the 2km. Might try adding 100m each week, it'll show if my plan is working.

Travess likes this.
  9. Travess

Ha ha - Gimme 2km @ 5m10s per/km over 8 continuous rounds of groundwork ANYDAY!

Sounds like a good incremental plan in place, which should give you the gains that you hope for, without causing you much issues elsewhere.

Best of luck.

Travess

hewho likes this.
  10. Pretty In Pink

I dunno what I can do in km. I'll give it a go!

11. Travess

Did mine in 13m 17s this morning - I knew having a 3-year-old with me would slow me down! :D

Travess

hewho likes this.
  12. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Did 2km today at a fairly relaxed 12:44, the final 200 metres were at my 5km/minute pace and above. Did some unstructured HIIT tonight in the form of Squash.Strength work tomorrow, and probably resting Friday.

axelb and Travess like this.
  13. Pretty In Pink

Average over 5k is 5:11. I know for a fact I can do way better. This is great motivation.

Attached Files:

axelb and hewho like this.
  14. hewho

hewho Valued Member

Did a 1.2 miler today, my timer died, but at the halfway point I was at 4:39. I think I was still a little overtime though, as the second half was tougher, with more incline.

axelb likes this.
  15. hewho

hewho Valued Member

fancied an evening run before work, 1.4 miles in 10:42.65. How people run 5 minute miles blows my mind!

axelb, Travess and Frodocious like this.
  16. Travess

Tell me about it - My sister-in-law (who is most definitely not a runner) announced at a family meal, at the start of the year, that she planned to hit a 4-minute mile, by the end of 2019'.

I of course offered all the support and encouragement under the sun, but also felt obliged to point out that the level of commitment, not to mention fitness/specific conditioning required, may be far greater than she anticipated - As it stands, she has been putting in the work, and as I understand it, has made great improvements, but has still yet to break the 8m 30s barrier.

Travess

axelb likes this.
  17. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

It's astounding seeing the comparison on figures when elite marathon runners do that pace the whole way o_O

it's all grafting and where your time is prioritized.

My fastest ever mile was 4'48", 9 years ago when I wasn't in martial arts classes, which now seems a long time ago :eek:
    A lot of my friends who played football semi pro now knock out 6min/mi regularly. I think having years of regular running adds a huge Foundation.

I know I'm happy with 9 min/mi on an average day and a few martial arts lessons a week :D

18. Pretty In Pink

19. hewho

hewho Valued Member

1.1/1.2 miles after teaching spin today, 10:42.25. I need to pace my big hill a little better so I'm not blown for the home straight. Bit disappointing, as I have my first meeting at the careers centre tomorrow, and they will be asking my current time.

20. Pretty In Pink

What careers center? Army?

hewho likes this.