ATTN: Kneerider

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. hewho

hewho Valued Member

upload_2017-12-3_22-26-33.png Changed the start and end so my address isn't on it, but did my first solo 5k in a while today, roughly 28 minutes, didn't take a stopwatch. Was fun...and horrible. Might do 2 nights a week, try and get down to 25 minute time.

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

First run in 6wks this morning.

7.66km

7.07 km per min

Pretty slow but not too bad for first one back. Felt pretty horrible for first 3km but settled into it for last half.

Pretty congested still but onwards and upwards.

axelb and Travess like this.
  3. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

Good effort mate!

(Though I'm assuming you meant 7.07 min per km? Not 7.07 km per minute? ;) )

Travess

Knee Rider likes this.
  4. Knee Rider

Ha!

Erm... No... I just run that fast... honest :/

Travess likes this.
  5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

great going! I always hate the first run back after long time off for illness.

Knee Rider likes this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I ran on Monday but didn't post it as I haven't got that app back on my phone yet. Was about 4.6 miles and it took me an hour. Lots of hills this time though.

Knee Rider and axelb like this.
  7. Knee Rider

Yeah, it's always brutal first one back. I truncated my circuit a little bit this time but I reckon I can manage the full thing next time!

Good stuff!

axelb likes this.
  8. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Would it make you feel better, if I let you know that I would be dead by 3km?
    Or 1km?
    :oops:

9. Knee Rider

No. I'll only feel better when I can run 10k with a sub 5min per KM pace :)

PS - get the c25k app from Active.

You'll be able to run and you'll lose weight (you mentioned you wanted to lose weight in your log). It's easy :)

Latikos and Travess like this.
  10. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Well, can't help with that, sorry :p

Do you have a link to that?

I find a "Couch to 5K" from Active Network, LLC for 2,99€ - do you mean that one?
    But nothing with 25, unless it's from other providers(?).

Well, it's not so much, that I *want* to lose weight. More that I *have* to, since most of my pants won't fit anymore :oops::rolleyes:, because I gained too much weight, when I moved out :D
    Eaten too much junk; still do.

axelb and Knee Rider like this.
  11. Knee Rider

Dead_pool, axelb and Latikos like this.
  12. Pretty In Pink

I got new running shoes and anti-blister socks! So hopefully running will become a lot easier.

13. Travess

Anti-blister socks??? I'm so looking those up!

Travess

14. Pretty In Pink

Yeah I've known about them for ages. Really hoping this stops me getting them now.

Travess likes this.
  15. Travess

Let us know how you get on - The money I'd save on Compeed plasters alone would be a god send...

Travess

16. axelb

I've used "more mile" running socks for the last 5 years, they make a massive difference in the longer runs!
    I've never had a problem since.

I even use them when I know I'm walking a distance to prevent blisters.

Pretty In Pink and Travess like this.
  17. Travess

Cheers axelb, just ordered myself a pack of 5 more miles...

Travess

axelb likes this.
  18. axelb

They last well, I probably run avg 300-400 miles a year, and I have been through 5 pairs, which seems really good given the price.

Travess likes this.
  19. Knee Rider

Ran today.

Pushed distance as it hurt to start so wanted to push through. Ran last 1.5km solidly uphill (quite steep too) which killed me and slowed me down from 6:14 average pace to 7:16 which while not being particularly fast to begin with I was quite happy with. Had to lean on a wall afterwards, moaning, as dog walkers made Michael extracting remarks about Christmas excess.

11km

7:16 mins per KM avg pace

Onwards and upwards.

20. Knee Rider

Ran today.

Horrific conditions. I run on trails in the valley and through woodland. Snowed last night and everything was covered in slush and ice. Very slippy. At certain points I was almost on all fours due to the elevation and the ice; few near misses on the declines too. Started raining and snowing during the 2hrs I was running.

I wanted to push for distance today so ended up running a circuit comprising of my usual route with a few additions that brought me to a place where I could double back and run my route in reverse.

It was hard going. I genuinely don't think I want to run this far again for a while; not until it's warmer anyway or unless it was all flat. The hills destroyed me in the ice and wet.

Distance: 15.38km

Pace: 7:52mins per km

Getting in bath now. Feel wrecked.

axelb and Travess like this.