ATTN: Kneerider

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Pretty In Pink, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Im glad you posted though. I loved running but got far to lazy/complacent with it. Good to have a motivation to get back on it.

PS I thought your time was pretty respectable!

2. Knee Rider

So I went on a little jaunt today to break myself in again. Gentle paced 5k. Nothing too gallant just enough to get the body back in the groove.

3.19miles
    34 mins
    10:50 per mile
    427 calories

Will push it harder next run which will be next week probably.

I feel it would be remiss of me given the purpose of the thread if I didn't kick you up the **** though chadderz... "Super motivated for running tomorrow" - chadderz (2 days ago): but no update! :O

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Totally bitched out tbh. Blisters haven't healed so I'll just tape them up and run anyway. I'll try and put in 5-6 miles tomorrow.

4. Pretty In Pink

[​IMG]

I wonder if I could run a 6.5 minute mile yet?

5. Knee Rider

well done chadderz.

I'll be doing mine this weekend. Went to run last sunday but found the tread on my runners has expired so much that I was sliding everywhere in rain and it was bloody lethal.

6. Pretty In Pink

Suck it, Cardio

[​IMG]

7. Pretty In Pink

Today was much better. I wrapped my feet so no worsening of blisters. I ran an even better route. It's completely flat and I don't have to run over roads. I also really tried to improve my running technique. Really putting my foot in front of my hips and keeping my back straight. I still pretty much went full out. I was dying at the end but it's an obvious improvement. Like 25 seconds off my average. I'm going to be super bummed when those gains stop happening :p

8. Knee Rider

Looks like we both stopped doing this pretty quickly!

I went for a run today to clear my lungs out with my rib injury and everything (don't want s lung infection cheers!).

Took it nice and slow but run actually felt amazing. I missed it. So I'm going to do it more.

Distance: 8km
    Pace: 6:49 mins per km

Going to do same route each time. Try and bring pace down gradually each week. Runs will probably be Sunday morning for now.

Travess, Pretty In Pink and axelb like this.
  9. Knee Rider

Nice and steady 8k this morning. Km per min down though!

Distance: 8km

Average pace: 6:29mins per km

axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.
  10. Pretty In Pink

I'll probably start again in the next few weeks. Need new trainers as I keep running through mine

axelb and Knee Rider like this.
  11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Any miracle tip, how running stops to be torture, since I really, really hate it but also really, really need to work on it?

12. Knee Rider

No sadly. I find half the fun is pushing through the bit at the beginning where you are thinking "what the hell is this? Why do I bother?" Then the bit in the middle where you are thinking "I want this to be over" till you break through at the later half and just think "this is brilliant! I could do this forever!"

It's a test of mental fortitude if nothing else.

If you are super struggling I always, always recommend the c25k app by Active network because it works. I used it a few years ago to get me up to 5k and it was brilliant.

axelb and Latikos like this.
  13. Pretty In Pink

It's actually fine once you get going. After the first mile or two you pretty much completely switch off. You're body just realises this is the norm and stops being so whiny about it.

Like KR said, it's the initial ten minutes of the run that are he hardest.

Latikos and Knee Rider like this.
  14. Knee Rider

Just to add to what we both said, I think starting slow and focusing on distance or time running is key. As you can see, my pace is pretty pathetic but I'm more focused on completing my course for now. Pace will come as my cardio improves and my running technique gets better. The most important thing for me is that I break through the initial wall and don't stop.

Maybe wait till after your grading to start though ;)

Good luck tomorrow!

axelb, Latikos and Pretty In Pink like this.
  15. Pretty In Pink

Whereas my goals are more cardio and pace based. I'm looking to pretty much make it feel like my lungs are bleeding.

Knee Rider, axelb and Van Zandt like this.
  16. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I need to be going, so I keep it short. Or try to ;)
    I will look the up on the train later, thanks.

My "mental" sort of seems to be lungs :confused:

Yeah.
    Right.
    If I would actually manage a mile or ten minutes, that could be something I could work with... :oops:

Thanks!
    No idea, what I am thinking with that grading; I'm still too dumb, to remember my program properly :eek:

And since I have an appointment every weekend, except one, until the middle of December, I will probably skip the running a little longer :rolleyes:
    The soonest would be after November 11th anyway.

My lungs feel like bleeding after a couple of minutes :(
    I'm a useless runner.
    I can get thrown and come again (usually) for quite a while, but running?
    Death within minutes.

17. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

This sentence made my loins tingle. :D

axelb and Pretty In Pink like this.
  18. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Hahah, hill sprints, or weighted hill sprints always do this for me!

As with a lot of sport its an ongoing battle, but if you feel you aren't improving, track and measure what you're doing, assess your program to make sure it doesn't impact your martial arts training.

C25K is an easy program to follow and adjust.

Check your gate at a running shop and get the right shoes if you haven't already, that will save a lot of lower leg/foot pain if you don't have the most suitable run shoe.

19. Knee Rider

Another run today.

Run felt absolutely awful to start with... I wanted to wimp out after about 4km. To punish myself I made myself go s little further and took myself off road into the woods for an extra couple of km.

Distance 10.6km

Pace: 7.14 mins per km

axelb likes this.
  20. Knee Rider

Little jog today.

Distance: 11km
    Pace: 7.04mins per km

axelb likes this.