Attacker Choking you from the Front both hands around your neck.

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Shou Tu, Mar 4, 2004.

1. matreyia

matreyia New Member

Hey Eightfold,
    That seemed like it worked for me until I tried it on a person that was really strong and had a good base. I couldn't even move once he had his arms around my neck from behind. He was taller so he just picked me up and then that took away my base. At that point I just kicked anywhere behind me and finally I hit something that caused him to let go.

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

if the opponent has got both hands round your neck then their solar plexus is open to put them on the floor. punch to the solar plexus then run

3. matreyia

matreyia New Member

Some folks have strong fingers...

I know exactly what you mean! People get lulled into thinking one technique works for all situations, but don't stop to think of the different structural integrity of their opponent's limbs etc... I knew a guy that was so strong, you could not even pry ONE finger with both of your hands after he made a grip! That's the point I gave up on those fancy standing ju jutsu/hapkido techniques. Nowadays, I just relax if a person grabs me and once he lets go of any of my hands, I just smack him good in the eye or face. Much more simple and direct. :D

4. matreyia

matreyia New Member

If you can reach his body.

Very effective indeed, but ONLY if you can reach his body with your hand(s). If he has really long reach, forget it.

5. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

true, if that was the case i would probably use a basic front kick to push the opponent away. if done with a bit of power, their grip should be released (unless they want broken fingers, that is)

6. Mordred

Mordred New Member

I don't do chinese martial arts, but here's my 2 cents:

Grab one of his hands, kick him hard with a stomp kick in the solar plexus, then take him down with something like kote gaeshi. What our sensei also used to do was a double strike to the eyes, then a koppoken strike to the one temple. This usually incapacitates uke, so you can take him down. If the strike is delivered properly, usually its like hitting the reboot button on my PC, *blink blink* what the? *hits ground*

7. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Thats a good description. very detailed. mutiple use of your limbs. Nice

Salute,

8. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

Everyone has posted great ideas or other words training ideas.

Salute,

9. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

Here's vale tudo's response: Clench your hardened neck, shrug your shoulders and drop your chin as you've done thousands of times while avoiding much more efficient strangles from stronger men. Laugh and thank god he's decided to try the least effective choke known to man. Whistle a tune until he realizes it's not working.

Remember that if you had spent the previous year doing kung fu instead you would be completely at a loss for ideas.

If you wanna show off, jump to guard and armbar.

10. maverickv1x

maverickv1x New Member

Is "unnecessary" an English term or...oh...yeah, it is.

11. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

in chinese it means the following.

exacatly what it means in English.
    or family name or appointment.

Jing, Yi, Li, Pao, Ji, Su, Xiao, Suo, Bai, Gong, Ju. is the chinese words.

12. Xianghua

Xianghua New Member

Just reminded me of a story my teacher once told me. He got in a fight defending his brother. He kicked the dude in the nuts like a thousand times or something and it didn't stop him. He was backed up against a fence and as a last resort he gouged the guys eyes out. That still didn't stop him. The only thing that did was water from a garden hose a relative sprayed on them. He ran off screaming. I don't know what the attacker was on but I hope that I never have to face an opponent like this. Just a thought.

13. The Wastrel

The Wastrel New Member

Choking you from the front with both hands around your neck?

Tough one....how about "laugh uproariously"? Actually...how about "punch him in the face"?

14. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

I would reach across with my right hand, trapping his right wrist, and simultaneously palm strike the elbow. If it doesn't pop, it still sets up my go-behind, and from there comes a suplex and a rear naked choke.

15. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

i was going over this type of attack last night with guy that probably would take about 2 punches to the face. point being that if i punched him the first time and he just got ****ed off more. the second one isnt going to do much more good. Thats why action to surpise him with out causing harm initially is the key. your first movements need not cause harm until you strike him unexpectadly.

just a thought.

Salute,

16. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

If someone attacks you like that, just let them choke you. There's no need to defend against it as they clearly lack the skill to hurt you. If, after much thinking, they come up with a way to harm you from there just hit them self defense technique #1. Doesnt even matter what it is. It will work. Why? Because thats one of the worst possible "attacks" ever. Anyone who does that deserves the beatdown theyll surely recieve.

17. Trent Tiemeyer

Trent Tiemeyer Valued Member

Sometimes that choke is used from a mounted position. THAT can get real scary, real fast. You don't always need skill to hurt someone. Pop those elbows, gouge those eyes, bridge, buck, do whatever you have to do to escape, because you don't want to be there long.

18. Shou Tu

Shou Tu New Member

i can see your point, i wouldnt want a person with the ability to put full weight on that hold there long.

salute,

19. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Actually, this advice is unecessary.

You can change the structure of your throat with very little effort.

PM's from bonafide CMA practitoners get an explanation.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2004
  20. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

The technique our schools teach is this:

as you step back with left foot, strike inside of attackers' right wrist with a right palm-heel strke. Immediately follow this with a right ridge-hand to the inside of his left wrist whiel simultaneously striking the solar plexus with a left punch. Finally, deliver a left front kick to the solar plexus.

But I like Trainwreck's combo too :)