Attach Mate

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by 1druid1, Mar 23, 2005.

1. 1druid1

1druid1 New Member

Hi All

I am looking to purchase a Wing Chun Dummy, but just realised that I dont have the room for one at my home. I was reading on the web about a unit called the Attach Mate which gets attached to a standard Free Standing or Hanging bag. Anyone have any experience with these units and if so is it a worthy replacement to the Wooden Dummy for home use. Also if they are OK anyone know where to get them in the UK?

Regards

Douglas Bell

2. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Hi, Doug. The WC club I belong to is populated with many university students with space issues in their flats or dorm rooms. Have had several fix their portable mooks to their lofts in their dorm rooms.

May be less than optimal, but it does enable one to practice the form and shadow box with a mook.

Do not know where to get them in the UK. Sorry.

3. Jasonds23

Jasonds23 Banned Banned

4. 1druid1

1druid1 New Member

Hi

Thanks for the replys.

I have searched the web on the advice of your posts, but the ones I can find are the full size portable units that weigh about 90kg. I dont have the money to spend on these units thats why I was looking for the Attach mate as I have heard good reviews about them and they only cost about £80 and I already have a free standing punching bag. The Portable Wooden Dummys are about £400 a bit out of my price league at the moment.

Regards

Douglas Bell

5. Jasonds23

Jasonds23 Banned Banned

eh?

Don't feel bad dude, I couldn't afford a bag either....I guess I didn't
    have anywhere to hang it (ceiling), and I paid my sifu $315.00 or so,
    to make a Wooden man, but I never got it, it's been about 4 years
    got so many bills, I ran out of MA funds... :cool:

6. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

7. Smee

Smee Evil kung fu genius

8. 1druid1

1druid1 New Member

Hi

Thanks for the replys, yes these units look good, but unfortuantly I just cant afford one at the moment. Also these units need to be bolted onto a wall, and My house Walls just could not take the punishment (Damn Plasterboard Kit Houses). I am thinking about building my own dummy using the base of my Frees Standing Boxing bag!!

Regards

Djbell