At the close of class

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hapkid0ist, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Hapkid0ist

Hapkid0ist Tsalagi Pride!!!!

What do you all do to close class. Do you finish off with arobic exercises, breathing meditation? What do yall do. I like to finish with an exercise to get the heart rate up and at the same time condition a particular muscle group followed by a cool down then breathing and a few min of meditation.
    What bout you?
    Also do you play any music during any portion of the class. In the mornings I have a native american flutes cd that is great with meditation or breathing, same goes with evenings...

Please share...

2. Tansy

Tansy I train ninja guinea pigs

we all cry and hug and say "Sorry I didn't mean to hit you that hard"

3. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

We like to cool off during the cool down period at end of class - some stretching, sit ups, more stretches.

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

stretching and cool down, folowed by a period in seiza and meditation, then we all clap and most likely hug saying "Didn't mean to cause bruises"

5. Kew-Do

Kew-Do Valued Member

Breathing, stretching, Ice and or Dit Da Jow if needed...recite our creed....have tea or coffee, go home.

Kew-Do

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Light stretching and seiza

7. Ciar2001

Ciar2001 New Member Supporter

We normally finish of the lesson or the last 20 minutes, with form 1/2 then press ups, followed by raising legs in the air swinging them up and down, then holding them off the ground 6 inches and our teacher comes round and tests our stomachs! i don't think i need to go into detail, sometimes we alternate the end of lesson with conditioning, knee grinds,ankle clashes or 4 arm bash and a bit of gau choi.

and then relax and end of lesson :)

8. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

wait for the red mist to lift

9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I do a warm down stretching, and chi kung exercises.

from last nights spicey curry?

10. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

To close a session at our taining we usauly do a form or 2 ( SLT and CHUM KUE ). We always end with a warm down , which consists of some light stretches.

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I do sprints and then walk to get the heart rate up and then cooled down.

12. angacam

angacam Mare Est Vita Mea

Our ending varies depending on the class but the most frequent flavor recently has been to close with a bit of touch and go which is a one on one technique based sparing/randori.

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

tumble drills and leg lifts!

14. Gearhead13

Gearhead13 New Member

Our class ussually talks a bit and everyone is required to say goodbye to each person at the end of class. Last night we had to clean the place before we could head out.

15. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Stretching and cool down.

16. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

That happens reguarly too!

17. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Light jogging stretches then the best bit - THE PUB!