article by me on Cheng bagua

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by wujibu, Oct 18, 2008.

1. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

2. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Nice article :)
    Are the Eight Basic Palms you mention the same as the 8 Mother Palms?
    I'm still fairly new in my Bagua practice, but I like the system (though, not as much as Taiji!)

3. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

The names basic and mother palms are intechangeable.
    Thanks for the good words.

4. Dan Bian

Ah right, coolies :)

Many thanks!

5. lionsmane

lionsmane New Member

You two have no personal knowledge as is evident by reading through all your posts. You blatently plagerise others work in order to fuel your pathetic egos. Shameful in the extreme.

6. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

I wrote this article by myself over two weeks you jerk.

My teacher posted it on his website at www.internalstyle.com
    It is my article and you don't know **** about me.
    If it is plagirarized, then who's writing did I steal?
    Show me the article as written by someone else.

These accusations are utterly unfounded and I'm really personally offended that you would even make them.

Answer for yourself please. :mad:

7. lionsmane

lionsmane New Member

I suggest you read MAP's TOS.

Then go and get stuffed....oh, and take your useless 'teacher' with you.

8. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

Yeah, perhaps I violated the TOS, but it was in defense of myself.
    I personally wrote that article and it took me a great deal of effort.
    It is unfair for someone to come out and accuse me of plagarism when it is clearly not the case.
    In martial arts, if someone attacks us, we defend ourselves.
    I don't know why you made the attack in the first place, but it was uncalled for.

Of course, if you could show me the supposed article that I plagarized from, I would be very interested.
    Otherwise, I think that your comments fall under personal attacks and also violate the TOS.

Happy trolling to you sir! :rolleyes:

9. lionsmane

lionsmane New Member

My mistake.

I omitted 3 words.... IN MY OPINION.

10. Spinmaster

Spinmaster Valued Member

I don't want to get involved a flame war, but if I might interject a bit here; lionsmane, if you really have a concern that wujibu and Taiji Student are plagiarizing something, maybe you should be a bit more specific? So far you haven't provided any evidence that they have done anything wrong. You started out by attacking them, and then accused wujibu of violating MAP's TOS when he responded to your accusations in an irritated manner. He asked you twice to show what he supposedly plagiarized, and you danced around the question both times.

11. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

I just also wanted to give a bit of an apology to mappers and mods for violating the TOS.
    I was just shocked at Lionsmane's comments and posted before collecting my thoughts.
    It won't happen again. :)

12. old palden

old palden Valued Member

Writing is both hard work, and an opportunity to clarify and organize one's own thoughts on a particular subject. I think it's a decent enough bit of writing on the basics of ba gua, certainly suitable for posting on your teacher's website as a brief introduction for the uninitiated.

I've seen evidence in your posts and vids that you're a sincere and dedicated practitioner of CMA, and while there's nothing to set your article apart from other writing on the topic, there's certainly no evidence of plagiarism.

One of my old teachers used to talk about those who would "cut off other's heads in an effort to make themselves taller," and while internet forums such as this provide the opportunity for sharing and learning, they also give people like that a safe/anonymous venue in which to display their bravado.

Ignore the haters, keep training and keep writing.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  13. Dan Bian

?!?!

What did I do? :confused:

14. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

HAHA...pwned!!:evil:

Seriously, I don't know TS. All I can think is that you often cut and paste information, however you always state as such and also give the author.

:confused::eek:

15. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hi wujibu, I am sure the mods realise you were provoked.

If it helps you at all...there are a lot of socially inept, cowardly 'keyboard warriors' who gain some perverse pleasure from flaming people they are jealous of (imo) He/she? probably has less depth of knowledge than you and instead of training harder (assuming that lionsmane actually does any MA) tries to undermine and hurt you.

I took a long break from MAP a while ago because I was being bullied (they know who they are :evil:) After a while I decided that I would come back and ignore them if they restarted.

I would say that most of us here know a numpty when we read their posts.

I enjoyed reading your article wujibu, I cannot comment further as I know very little about it.

I hope you continue to post your output here and that one impotant buffoon doesn't get their way.

Happy training, take care.

Carys.

16. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

Thank you Carys.

Just a note, I think lionsmane should be cut a fair amount of slack.
    Maybe he was having a stressful day or perhaps read something in the article he took umbrage with.
    Either way, I won't hold anything against him.
    I'm sure we have all been equally provocative to others at some point in our lives (I mean especially if you have siblings :eek:). :D

17. Dan Bian

Perhaps...
    And the only reason I do that is because I have this tendency to waffle on and completely miss the point I'm trying to make. So, I quote others who have said more eloquently than I ever could, what I would have liked to have said.
    But, like you say, I always make it clear that I'm quoting, and I try to post the name of the author when I can.

Good to have you back! I've taken a bit of a break recently, but I'm starting to dip back in here now and then.
    I'd recommend just keeping out of discussions that you think could attract problems.
    And ignore the numpty's!

Good show, that man :cool:

18. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

I still think the plagarization charge should be backed up.That was not an "opinion",but an accusation.Show us the reasoning behind your accusation,lionsmane.Or was it another boring bank holiday and you decided some trolling was in order?Certainly wasn't much of a discussion on anything from your end.

Also amusing that someone who stated when they joined less than two months ago "- I am interested in MA and am in the process of deciding which one is for me. "- has now become so knowledgeable that they can proclaim that both wjb and TjS are ego driven no nothings, and wjb has a "useless" teacher.Would be interested in the "why" behind lm's opinion.

Slack?

Nah,tighten the rope. The unsubstantiated childish outburst was uncalled for,even if someone was having a stressful day.

wjb-" Just a note, I think lionsmane should be cut a fair amount of slack.
    Maybe he was having a stressful day or perhaps read something in the article he took umbrage with.
    Either way, I won't hold anything against him.
    I'm sure we have all been equally provocative to others at some point in our lives (I mean especially if you have siblings )."

Awww,wjb, now I think my comments are gonna hamper your possible beatification.Sorry.

19. wujibu

wujibu Valued Member

lolofl laughing....

Actually, you raise a good point.
    In my background accusation of plagirism is a very serious issue that if it was unfounded could have serious ramifications.
    Nonetheless, if we can all shake hands and make up, I figure its no skin off my back.