Army bound

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by wrydolphin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

No, once I realised your in the US I changed my mind. It's your oil after all.

2. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Yes, it is our oil. And its about time they realized it. :rolleyes:

3. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Really? I thought the pay was pretty good for the medical profession. :confused:

In general Army pay is alright, but the benefits are great. For Wry because she has a high demand MOS with training it puts her in a good position. She most likely will end up at her promised duty station.

Now if she had a different career...

The one thing to remember is that that Army decides where you are needed so be ready if things don't go how you want them to go.

Hey I think Nordic could talk to some friends and get you to Greenland, Wry? :D

4. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Greenland! Score! :D

Mental health is the red headed step child of nursing, especially in Texas. The pay is pretty low and the conditions are pretty bad.

5. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

If it's something you want to do, more power to you. My time in the air force was a very enjoyable chapter of my life, and I definitely believe that I learned life skills that have served me well.

You're at a different place in your life than I was, but there ya go. Best of luck to you. Some of my favorite people in the military were the babes who worked at the hospital! I couldn't wait to get the shots in my buttocks! ;)

6. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't say that

good luck to you wry

7. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

best of luck, wry - and congrats

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

As I'm already a global MOD here at MAP... it'll mean a larger workload for me... but it's time I took some frontline tasks to take the stress off the behind the scenes matters that I currently handle here at MAP.

I feel as if this is a changing of the guard.

*sniff

Thank you Wry... thank you.

9. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Hold on, I want to make sure the e-mail I sent to Christian has all this information.

I know it's on par with pulling wings off of mosquitos but winding him up is just so much fun.

:D

10. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Wry, congratulations and do us proud! Going into the Mental Health Field is very commendable (explains a lot about you being a Mod) and thankless! Good luck to you on your new career path!

11. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Ooooooooooooooh!!!

Good luck with the physical and whatever you need to pass Ma'am. :D

Also if you can, send me over some of those ration packs and maybe a gas mask. The other day I was stuck in a car where two other passengers farted at the same time. It was like the perfect storm and I was the little fishing boat caught in the middle... :cry:

12. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Good luck with it, Wry :)

*wonders if he can get Wry onto another site he works on*

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  13. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Good luck with that Wry!

14. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Congratulations Wry and good luck with your career change. I have a good friend who was a Major in the QARANC (British Army Nursing Corps) and after that she did her service also as a Major and a Nurse in the IDF, She is good people and I like to think you will be like her.

15. slipthejab

Here is Wry's new photo! :D

+1 to anyone who can guess who this is! :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  16. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

That's Fayatte-nam buddy! :D

WOW! Wry joining the big boys league. :) KEWL!!!

So after you finish OCS and become a Leiuy I can expect to see you in Iraq shortly. ;)

17. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

That's the lovable Nurse Ratchet, of course. She took good care of me, too! :D

"If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way. But I don't think that he would like it."

18. slipthejab

LOL! +1 to you good sir!

19. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

One of my favorite books and also one of my favorite movies! Both are remarkable.

20. slipthejab

but hey then again Wry... the rubber nurse look is HOT HOT HOT!:D :D :D

Peisistratos... yeah in my top 10 books of all time.
    :)

Attached Files: