Army bound

Discussion in 'Celebrations!' started by wrydolphin, Mar 10, 2007.

1. wrydolphin

wrydolphin Pirates... yaarrrr Supporter

Yep. I started the paperwork today and hopefully will be signed up sometime in the next two weeks or so. I figure I ought to make it through the phsyical. :D

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wow.
    From now we call Wry... Sarge. :D

3. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Congrats Wry!

Depending on how things go, I may join you.

4. wrydolphin

Sarge! pfft!

I better hear a "ma'am" out of you, and there better be a salute with that "ma'am"!

It'll be a year before I go through OTS, what ever they call it now, but they'll pay me while I am at school.

5. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Congrats wry! Hope it all goes well :D :D

6. bcullen

Wry's going to be a butter bar. :D

7. wrydolphin

darn skippy :D

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Why?

9. wrydolphin

review the thread, MD

Plus. I am interested in mental health nursing.

10. Moi

Cheaper ways to pay for an education than your life. The British Army is now just an extention of the USA, No longer do you fight for Queen & country, defending our shores.

Good luck and may your God watch over you though.

11. wrydolphin

Well, 1. I'll not be fighting period, I'll be helping soldiers returning from the front deal with the emotional fall out of what they have seen, 2. I am not going to be fighting for Queen and country regardless considering I live in the US and 3. education costs are about triple that of the UK.

12. slipthejab

Wry's not kidding anyone... she's really wants to travel to lovely locations like... Ft. Benning, Georgia... or the ever beautiful Ft. Bragg, N. Carolina. :D

err... M'aam... yes M'aam.

*snaps a snappy salute a la Benny Hill.

13. Moi

Ah stupid me about your local. Good luck then. My guess your guys are going to need your help, whether they know it or not yet. An unsung hero is born. No messing, I mean that.

14. slipthejab

Actually Wry... on a more serious note... having military service under your belt will put you in good stead for becoming a Nurse in the civilian world. The worlds that you deal with in nursing are not all that different from the military. The hierarchy, the paperwork, the rules of engagement :)p)...

My mom was a prison nurse for some 30 odd years... and you better believe she was as tough as any drill instructor. :D

15. Moi

I vote Slip as your replacement

16. bcullen

They could send her to some far away exotic locale like -- Ft. Hood. :D

17. slipthejab

Heard they got little umbrellas in the drinks there... oooooh!!!!

18. wrydolphin

Actually, I think I am going to go to the far off location of...... wait for it.........

patience is a virtue

Across town.

19. Moi

So you sign up to military service, with all the perks that has to offer, and it means an extra 20 mins on your day? You lucky ***

20. wrydolphin

Let's see-
    I'll get more pay, better benefits, a better work environment, better access to technology and medications, I won't have to argue with the techs all the time to get them to do their job, no schizophrenia, no manic bipolar, no smelly homeless people because it got too cold to sleep under the bridge.

You don't like my choices. Sorry. And further, what did you expect me to do? Run out and tell the Army, sorry- some one on the internet said I should rework my career plan. :rolleyes: