Are UK Police not allowed to hit a suspect who's assaulting them?

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by EdiSco, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I tell you what...I was in the B&Q garden section the other when some old geezer in an orange polo-shirt asked me if I wanted decking! So obviously I whacked him first and made my escape.

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

The 1980s called and want their joke back.

Shmook, bassai, axelb and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Horrible things. I did see a selfie stick war in Forbidden City, China. Where tourists were getting in each others ways with their sticks and started to do a bit of fencing ... that was funny to see

SWC Sifu Ben, Frodocious and Simon like this.
  4. Steve b

Steve b New Member

Well said Alan.

Alansmurf likes this.
  5. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Something we discuss quite often in my class is how stuff will look on CCTV. Spinning kicks are great and all, but something that just looks like you bumped together and he fell down is less hassle after the fact.

bassai and Dead_pool like this.
  6. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

At the back of my mind is a memory from reading Andy Mcnabs biography , where he stated that when he was taught h2h in , I think the SAS , it was definitely for his time in Northern Ireland , they were taught to make their movements and techniques less polished , so if when in they got into a scrap in plain clothes they just looked more like an accomplished street fighter than someone with formal training as it would raise fewer questions.

axelb likes this.
  7. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Mental. If I ever get into a semi-mutual combat situation I'd hope a hard (but ultimately non-lethal) leg kick would fair me well. My little brother did it to someone a few years ago. Took his legs away from under the guy.

bassai likes this.
  8. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

giphy (22).gif

Wise words from the cobra Kai!

axelb likes this.