Are there any non-japanese arts that a similar to ninjutsu/budo taijutsu

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by furinkazan, Apr 24, 2015.

1. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

I'm looking at things like technique and footwork lately, and was noticing some similarities in techniques to some Hapkido moves I'm seeing on youtube (though I take youtube with a pinch of salt).

2. Infesticon #1

Infesticon #1 Majesticon

Hap is the Korean equivalent to Ai and my understanding is that it was formed by a Korean who had studied Aikido.

Quick google suggests the founder actually studied Daito Ryu and maybe some other Japanese styles.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  3. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

yeah, Ive had a look and there seems to be some Ai, Im seeing some typical colalr grab throws of the booj too

apparently theres some taekkyeon too, which explains the one or two dancy kicks I see

4. Crucio

Crucio Valued Member

There are similarities between a lot of MA. An outward wrist lock is an outward writs lock; direct kicks, throws, etc.

What separates arts (i only have experience in kyokushin and ninjutsu) is the little details. The Devil is in the details they say, and it's true.

Think about this, in ninjutsu, there are critical differences between BBT and the classical Ryuha. The visual techniques (as you see them) are almost the same, for most they are indistinguishable. Yet, to learn the first one, you need a few years to get to a "high" level. To learn the second one, you need many, many years under direct supervision and every day practice.

What might look similar, can have very different bio-mechanic principals behind it. For arts that were, dare i say obsessed, with keeping things secret, the motions and movement have been build to hide that which make them work.

5. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

According to Radford Davis, 'Ninjitsu' comes from the 'ancient chinese school of the polar star'.

6. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

[​IMG]

7. furinkazan

furinkazan Valued Member

Well, there's thoughts that china has equivalent roles to ninjas thanks to the writings of Tsun Tzu...

Isn't that Ashida Kim's stuff though on the 'pole star'

8. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Every place has/had some sort of espionage.

I was referring more to the use of Ashida Kim as a source.

9. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

Yes, Davis and Kim are the same person. Not that he wants people to know that.

10. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........................................................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........................................................

11. Hannibal

you have to portion those out mon ami!! That is comedy gold!!

12. thomas81

thomas81 Valued Member

13. Hannibal

No what?