Are MMA "fighters" actually fighters?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by TaeKwonDavid, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Looking at the site TKDDave links in his profile I can understand why his largely children based TKD club with some adult kickboxing would say MMA does not appear to be varied etc.

It looks like a family orientated Traditional club so not really come across the MMA guys out there and why or how what they do works.

I guess TKD Dave is not that experienced himself?

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I got nothing but love for you, Rob. It's all these MMA fakes and wannabes who are the trouble! Especially that panda woman!

I just picked you because you summed up what I wanted to caracature..

Ur..

I mean what I wanted to knock down in the name of TMA justice. Yes. Justice. ;)

3. Rob T.

Rob T. Valued Member

No worries, but it is a manly kind of love..... right?:eek:

Pandas are know for their trouble causing, poor David asked a perfectly reasonable question in an open minded way and the nasty MMAers (lead my said evil Panda:evil:) rounded on him like a pack of er, well, pandas!:confused::D

Rob

4. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Remember kids: Bamboo stick fighting is still stick fighting.

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

This panda has some moooves!!!!

:D

6. TaeKwonDavid

TaeKwonDavid Valued Member

I won't go into detail but I do learn as part of an adult group Sonshu, and it is not my fault if you didn't read Billy and the other instructor's credentials in enough detail. Read again if you can be bothered, but do not dare to hurl verbal abuse at me or the over 25 years established group I represent.
    http://www.fightingfit.uk.com/abouttheinstructor.htm

7. Sonshu

I did read 90% of the site before I posted.

With respect his creditentials are nothing special plenty of TKD high dan grades about but for your instructor to say something and you to post something as moronic as you posted about MMA says a lot about the understanding there.

Also looking at the timetable and pictures/family orientated side to the club I was merely pointing out that this could well be why you are painfully unaware of other arts.

As I say he is a TKD black belt there are many on this forum that are more aware than the initial post you made. We can only judge you by what you post.

I did not put anything insulting but was merely asking how old you were as you could be in the junior class's and that would indicate your postings.

You don't want to go into detail why not?

And this is priceless, the 2nd post on this thread shows what level your at mate! pathetic and you downbeat MMA with clearly NO CLUE as to what your saying.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82251&page=2

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  8. Rob T.

Rob T. Valued Member

David,

Just in case you've missed it I'd still be interested in knowing this.

It might be an idea to put your birthday in your profile, that way your age is on every post and people won't need to make assumptions.:)

Rob

9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Definition of Irony

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82251&page=2

BJ Penn says otherwise:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9z1jT5z904"]YouTube - BJ Penn Highlight[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  10. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

From the site the multi styles would appear to be ''gymnastics, rugby, athletics and weight-lifting''...oh and his own styles of White and Black Tiger martial arts. That is impressive, most people never even create one style, let alone two!

11. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

You guys could sit around and argue all day about who didn't read what, but that would lead to topic drift, which would lead to a locked thread. Please keep it on topic. So in that vein:

TaeKwonDavid, how would you counter any of the arguments that have been made so far?

12. Sonshu

Callsignfuzzy

I have not encountered you as a mod before (had a break from the forum) but the discussion on who has read what is still relevant and related to the thread. His instructor and club style is relevant to his posting knowledge.

So I hope TaeKwonDavid comes back to explain his posts as for someone who is a 7th Kup in TKD (beginer level I think Yellow with green tag) he certainly knows a lot about other styles or is just blindly taking what his instructor says as gospel.

13. Omicron

Omicron is around.

Oh....oh dear. At first I thought this thread was just started by someone who was simply unaware of the reasons people train in MMA. This is just ridiculous, though. TaeKwonDavid, as others have already said, do you have any response to anything anyone has said so far in this thread? You seem to be making blatantly false and unsubstantiated claims against something you apparently know very little about.

It's not abuse when people call into question your training history and the legitimacy of your instructors. You've spouted some pretty controversial claims here, so it's not surprising that people are wondering where your ideas come from. As in any field, one's level of experience and expertise is a useful way to gauge the validity of his or her opinion. It's great that your organization is 25 years old, but that doesn't automatically mean you're right about everything you say. Without more information regarding your style and level of training, it's difficult for your posts to carry much weight, especially when they are, quite frankly, painfully ignorant.

14. Sonshu

TaeKwonDoDave is a 7th / 8th cup in TKD so at the stage where some people just out and out believe and hang on every word their instructor tells them as gospel.

This is why he is posting such dribble as he simply does not have the experience to know better so he is I assume quoting his instructor who equally sounds pretty clueless in his family based dojo.

15. Genkuro

Genkuro Valued Member

TKDAve, are you actually a 20 year old chick with a name beginnign with J?

I went out with a lass who was doing TKD and was at a sorta middle-level colour'd belt stage, and she came out with exactly the same kind of nonsense you came out with. Needless to say i didn't put up with her for very long, but I've seen this attitude alot amongst the TKDers I know personally (mind thats only a handfull of people).

Have you trained anywhere else before? Because I think Im amazingly lucky to never have had a teacher thats attempted to brain wash me, and to be honest I think it could be an easy trap to fall into :p.

Have you trained at an MMA gym? If its so knaff, I think you should, just for a month, and keep a diary on MAP about how you defeat all you're foes in a heroic fashion.....

16. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I think the solution is for the OP to go and watch the videos kindly posted by Mushroom and Callsignfuzzy ,read a little about mma then come back and discuss it with us when he is capable of making informed judgements. :)

17. Liam Cullen

Liam Cullen Valued Member

My, that's a very polite way of calling someone extremely ignorant, telling then to go away until they have a clue about the subject matter on which they're trying to talk about, and not to come back until they have developed a basic level of knowledge and maturity.

Good panda! Have a bana... no, its bamboo isn't it?

18. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I should be a U.N Ambassador or something :D

19. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

I've seen it dojo-wide in many schools. It comes from living and training only in their little warren. To maintain their feeling of competence in the face of things they have no ready answer for, they ostracize and devalue training that does not mirror their own in spirit. The arrogance that comes with that only makes it easier to do so, until they're offended that anyone should even ask to spar outside of their own particular idiom, because they see it as a threat to their way of training.
    MMA and the culture that comes with it is the ultimate request to spar outside of one's own realm, without being restricted from using one's own strengths, and I think that's a big reason people get that way. It bothers them that, despite the fact that they are able to use everything they've practiced, in their hearts they don't know how they'd handle something outside of their current art's realm. The response is too often emotional rather than logical.

20. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Quoted cos its worth reading twice, I fully concur!