Are MAP Journals no longer a thing?

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by E-Rocker, Nov 21, 2012.

1. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Hello again. It's been years since I've really been an active member. I recall that I used to have a journal on here, but I can't find it. Are they not part of the site anymore? The links from the "MAP Journal" section of the FAQ thread don't work.

2. Zabrus

Zabrus Valued Member

Welcome back!

I see clicking on the Journal icon that you get the next message:

This section is currently offine.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, please bear with us while we repair the site. Saz.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Just FYI guys - the journals went the way of the dinosaurs during a server crash and subsequent transfer several years back.

4. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

So if you have something that you want to share, but it doesn't especially warrant discussion, for example "I got a new rank/ belt/ level," where would be the most appropriate place to post that?

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

As a discussion forum we would usually like a thread that generates that discussion. However, we have either the "off topic" and "general martial arts" forums if you don't want to create a massive post, but want to pass on a little information.

You could always say something like, "I've passed this belt, what comes next?", to generate discussion.

6. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You could always post it in the appropriate style sub-forum? People might like to know how your grading went, what you did etc :)

Mitch