Are Catholics Christian?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by GoldShifter, Apr 19, 2013.

1. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Beatification was/is a mechanism that the RCC used/uses to intergrate existing deities, that had/have strong support in the indiginous population, into the christian diaspora

There is no need to wipe a pagan religion out, just build a church on thier sacredsites and call thier god a saint

It was a method used by the Pagan Romans to great effect. Dont destroy, assimilate

I'm sure in the future we will have a St Justin of Beiber

2. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

I swore to myself I wouldn't become a Protestant through all the challenges from classmates, and, gosh darn it, if that happens, I very well may become a Protestant.

3. Count Duckula

Count Duckula Valued Member

There's a chapter on Justin Bieber in Revelations. There they use his more formal name :D

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Some Anglicans do this too.

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

That reminds me of a friend who went to a very highly rated convent school as a girl. She did well and eventually became head girl. When the time came to leave the Mother Superior arranged a visit from a local careers officer. My friend was asked by the mother superior what she wanted to do when she left school, she replied, "I want to be a prostitute". Cue massive uproar, the mother superior shrieked then fainted, one of the other nuns grabbed my friend, and another got the mother superior back into her chair and got her a drink of water while she recovered herself. "What did you just say girl?" shouted the mother superior. "I want to be a prostitute" said my friend. "Thank God for that" said the mother superior, "I thought you said you wanted to be a Protestant".

6. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

Thats hillarious! Haha, if nobody caught on, my response was very light hearted to a very light hearted comment earlier. Well, if Justin Bieber becomes a saint, well, I must respect that decision, but that will be long past when I'm gone from this Earth, including the rest of us. We won't have to trouble ourselves with that happening haha. He will probably the Patron Saint of Terrible Musicians. (No offense to any who like him).