Are bo shuriken illegal in the UK?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by nickh, Apr 12, 2007.

1. nickh

nickh Valued Member

Hi,

I wonder if some of the more knowledgable people here can help me out.
    Are bo shuriken illegal in the UK or not?

I know that the shaken (commonly called "throwing stars") are illegal, but what is the situation with bo shuriken?

I've had a look at the criminal justice act on offensive weapons, and it does not seem to list bo shuriken. It does specifically say:

Now, does this mean that anything known as a shuriken is illegal? Or does it mean that only the hard plates with 3 or more points are illegal?

2. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

Here's the Police's ace card Nick

"Made, intended or adapted"

So, if the Bo Shuriken is "made, intended or adapted" to cause harm, I think that you'd find the Police a little unhappy with them; However thay are no different really to throwing knives or large darts.

Can you feely buy them in martial arts shops or online cataloges in the UK ? If so they're not on the banned list.

3. nickh

nickh Valued Member

4. Sukerkin

Sukerkin Valued Member

Thanks for that link, Nick.

To have a source of Cheness blades in the country could turn out to be a very good thing :tup:.

I've talked with Mr. Cheness about the costs of shipping from his US sites impacting on the competativeness of his 'output', so this business might be just what I'm looking for (if they also sell his non-sharp models).

5. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I think that is the offensive weapons regs relating to carry of weapons in public places, not the sections on illegal weapons manufacture, sale and import.

6. Kurtka Jerker

Kurtka Jerker Valued Member

If nails, pencils, screwdrivers, and knives of all sorts are banned, then yes. Otherwise, no. Bo shuriken were and are found in so many places that buying or making a standard pointed steel rod is a little pointless, especially since carrying them, while not illegal in some places, is likely to turn minds against you should they ever be put to use.

7. SCP_Kensei

SCP_Kensei www.taintedlover.com

Bo shuriken are perfectly legal although often they canot be sold under that name. However "Throwing spikes" etc... are commonplace on MA gear sites.

8. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

if anyone has a bo shuriken with 3 or more points -that is one of the illegal ones[​IMG]