are black people stronger than white people

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by gracie22555, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

2. KenpoDavid

KenpoDavid Working Title

3. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

The average life span of the tough coal miner was not to long, or the gold miner either.

The long lived were the Chinese, HMMM genes I guess.

Unless they died of railroad stupidity, and were in the back of the train going through the tunnels, reason they pushed instead of pulled. Only took a few thousand deaths and then they learned :rolleyes:

Strongman contests seem to be going to the europeans and russian/germanic groups that I have been watching. But I am not to sure how many 40 cal bullets it takes to fell? :D

Gary

Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  4. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

My favorite thing about this thread is the ridiculous banner ads that come up at the top. I love it when "Black People in History" is advertised on a martial arts forum, next to "Bo Law Kung Fu" and "Free Vacation to Nova Scotia."

5. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

well my friend i invite you to come and visit good old youngstown, ohio and i'll take you around and prove to you my claims, serious offer not a snide response

6. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Is it true that black people have more chi?

(heh heh :D)

7. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

The biggest contributor to this misconception, in my mind, is that African American youth still have a strong participation in physical culture, & many more of them have good fitness habits that con't into adulthood. This is something that other sub-cultures in the U.S. lack.
    However, take alook at athletic contests such as Strongest Man. You'd be hardpressed to find any non-caucasian or non-North/non-East European champions or even serious contenders.
    Look at sub-4min mile record setters, look at marathon and ultra-marathon winners, also. You can see all kinds of folks acheiving great things.
    I really think that it's simply because the black youth culture in America has stong habits for fitness and sports. They are a great example to other kids that are sitting in front of their tv's playing video games :woo:

8. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Only after eating ribs, unfortunately, the increase in chi is accompanied by a bad case of mud butt. :D ;)

9. Longshanks31

Longshanks31 New Member

a different view on this

people of african heritage can not be clumped together under the banner of black people.
    africa has a gene pool as diverse as europe.
    are the spanish stronger than the greeks.
    And who is white speaking of english irish welsh.
    who is strongest the english or irish, scottish or welsh, american or french canadian.
    its too broad a question.
    obviously there is the fine sporting heritage to support it but if you live in a bad place or in poverty and have limited options and sport is a big ticket out of that then as sure as i would welcome a lottery win, if you got any sense your going to try and train yourself out.
    look at boxing who would want to get belted on the nose by a 23 year old george foreman not me.
    he trained his way out of poverty as did most black boxers not many white heavyweight champs back then.
    today however the russians are takeing a dominant role on the boxing scene.
    at a guess i would say none of them were raised in mansions.
    my theory is that those living in relative comfort are weaker than those living in relative discomfort.
    civilising has ruined many an empire many a fighter and many a sports person
    I simply believe that the haves are weaker than the havenots its down to nurture not nature

10. Satsui_No_Hadou

Satsui_No_Hadou Ultra Valued Member

A friend of mine actually seriously believes black people have a gene wihch makes them like fried chicken :S

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

My dad new a streetfighter from Glasgow called mad george he said posh people were better at fighting. Which made me think why would a posh person start street fighting? Maybe it was like a 1960's brad pit style (fight to feel more alive) fight club.

12. Satsui_No_Hadou

Why would being posh make you better at fighting?

13. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Crazy thread resurrection but nevermind.

Are Black People stronger than white : Not necessarily. In general most of the black chappies I know have quite a heavy set bone structure which makes them appear to be strong but the reality is not necessarily. A mate of mines in fact has huge wrists and forearms but my grip is quite a bit stronger than his.

Are posh people better fighters : Again not necessarily. A lot of posh kids I see are slightly hunched and quite obviously shy/unsure of themselves. People like this wouldn't know what to do in a fight. The ones who are up to the mentality of the common yockles may join the rugby club, boxing club or what have you. Again there is no reason for a posh boxing club to be better than a normal one.

In both cases its unfounded stereotypes

14. Satsui_No_Hadou

You do get musclemen black people, as well as white musclemen too. I also know a lot of black guys who are really skinny and not muscular at all.

15. CuppoJava

CuppoJava New Member

Are black people stronger than white people?

Sure. Maybe. Why can't they be? Race and genetics definately have an influence on physical characteristics.

It's a fact that black people are better at standing under the sun without getting sunburn.
    It's a fact that asian people are on average shorter.
    It's a fact that caucasians have the lowest percentage population with colour difficient eyes.

So why can't maximum muscle size be a factor of genetics also?
    It's just harder to measure conclusively, that's all, since strength is greatly affected by training.

An actual question worth asking is: Does race have a significant enough effect on strength so as to influence a particular sport?

My personal belief is, no.

16. Mr.Piggott

Mr.Piggott New Member

very well stated!

17. spirez

spirez Valued Member

A lot of my black mates are cut up without even having to train. When they do train they are big and cut. They also seem to gain muscle easily. Take that as you will because some people don't like it and feel it's a personal jibe, but i believe they have better genetics as a percentage of the population, compared to white people.

18. liokault

liokault Banned Banned

Better nutrition. Same reason they live longer and were (before meat became cheap) taller.

19. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

It could also be a genetic trait that black people have a lower body fat % (on average) as an adaptation to a hot climate. This would make them look more 'cut' as a result. Look at the sub-species of mammals (like Tigers, Bears) and the sub-species that lives in the colder climate has adaptations like heavier coats/pelts and heavier fat reserves both for insulation and for food reserves as prey is less plentiful. Many caucasians, derived from North European genetic stock, would have cold climate adaptations still inherent in their genetic make-up. This make go some way to explain why, on average, black people look more 'cut' than white people.

20. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Been to florida lately? There aint no cut, strong, ripped black people there.
    Its because of al the soul-food