Approve or disapprove

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Alansmurf, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

2. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

Disapprove.

Honorary degrees are often awarded to individuals who have have contributed to a realm of knowledge or human endeavour without going through the schola curriculum. Much like successful groundbreaking musicians get Honorary music degrees, or celebs for activism in an area that improves public awareness. They have their place, but the honorary degree has to be connected to the individuals field of endevour.

What exactly is Trumps connection to Tae Kwon Do, or martial arts in general? Putin could get a honorary TKD degree 'for services to martial arts' and that would be a very loose reasoning, being an experienced Judoka and making martial arts more visible. Heck in Obama had a Kyu belt in karate...but Trump?

axelb and Nachi like this.
  3. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

In the 70s Jhoon Rhee used to run a tourney between Congressional members.

I think it'd be just ducky if Don got out on the court in such an enterprise.

Wouldn't that be just a kick in he head?

Botta Dritta likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Neither approve or disapprove.....don't much care actually

axelb and Jaydub like this.
  5. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I concur.

One of the things I was looking forward to about 2021 was not reading about Donald Trump every day in the news.

I couldn't care less, honestly. No matter how offensive or absurd the story is, anything I hear regarding Trump is just white noise to me at this point.

Xue Sheng and Botta Dritta like this.
  6. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

It’s one of those things where neither party comes out well.

7. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Disapprove of hand positions. You can tell he's never thrown a punch in his life.

Botta Dritta likes this.
  8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If there's ever a person who embodies the tenets of TKD it's Donald J Trump.
    When I think of him I can't help but think of the qualities of integrity, self control and courtesy.
    Whether it's grabbing women whenever he feels like it, publicly mocking disabled people or having a twitter tantrum over some perceived slight his perseverance shines through.
    Certainly the right kind of person to hitch your increasingly "desperate to stay relevant" corporate martial arts machine to.

Grond, Botta Dritta and Dead_pool like this.
  9. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Maybe it's to advertise their new anti mugging system....

Stop the steal!

axelb likes this.
  10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Make TKD great again!

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  11. Botta Dritta

Botta Dritta Valued Member

I fear we haven't heard the last of the gasbag yet. Bowing out with dignity isn't one of his qualities. I didn't like George Bush Jnr either , but at least when he got beat he had the dignity to make way. Depressingly if Trump somehow does get reelected he might just wear that TKD outfit at the ceremony. At that point we will all know that USA has hit full dystopia.