Apparently someone is very excited about their 15th Dan....

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Tsukaneru, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsukaneru

Tsukaneru Valued Member

2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i like the part where it says he tries to keeps it quiet. on the newspaper.

*facepalm*

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I liked the pictures. One with his groupies(?) and another with an old dude with thinning but purple hair.

4. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

Check out the good time girls in the photo haha someone from the local Muay Thai gym go down and leather him in front of them for a laugh.

5. mattt

mattt Valued Member

Not sure that is an attitude we should foster.

6. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

Id like to learn more about ninjutsu. Isn't authentic ninjutsu banned in the US and Japan?

7. mattt

mattt Valued Member

You'd think so based on the tosh you see.

8. 8limbs38112

8limbs38112 Valued Member

9. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

10. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

There's a thread somewhere a while back about this guy's fitness videos. He's another crappy Westerner with no idea what he's doing, claiming to teach ninjutsu when he can't even do the basics correctly. His real skill level is about 2nd kyu.

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98033&highlight=fitness+ryutai

Definitely good marketing to have a group of attractive women featured exclusively in your video, if your goal is to attract young impressionable men who don't have a clue about fighting.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  11. gregtca

gregtca Valued Member

And ppl wonder why this art is in turmoil,
    Girls are hot , he's deffinently NOT !
    What a joke

12. Bobby Gee

Bobby Gee Valued Member

They look like they are about to do aerobics. Haha

13. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

How could they 'leather' him? He's one of the best fighters on the planet, higher ranked that chuck Norris those guys play at just a sport.

It's silly! Your thinking with your haggis. :D

14. hardball

hardball Valued Member

I read the article. No comment. My questions is, do they really have a 15th Dan rank in ninjutsu?

15. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

God that's ridiculous.

16. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

so his idea of keeping quiet about this, is to go for an interview with the online paper? Genius!! Someone give this guy the Nobel prize!!! For his extraordinary way of keeping a secret that has been kept for most likely a good amount of time (aahhh sarcasm :3)

17. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Not really, 10 th Dan is divided into 5 levels based on elements, possibly to differentiate the shockingly bad from the downright terrible.

It's also a great way to raise revenue, and have a great laugh at stamp collectors.

As an example of its worth, One of the extreemly good foreign practitioners, who is under the wing of a Japanese shihan, is ranked third Dan I think, 5 th at most.

18. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Yup, because the guy not being hot is really the source of the problems within the Buj. :p

I know, no-one has ever been better than Chuck Norris, the man who can slam a revolving door.

Seriously though that article was just plain embarrassing.

19. Kave

Kave Lunatic

I found a few videos of a demo he did in 2011:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdGrfajFD8w"]Ely Aquafest July 2011 : Ninjutsu Demo - Part 4 : 2 Vs 1 Taijutsu - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqaw3m0Sn8"]Ely Aquafest July 2011 : Ninjutsu Demo - Part 12 : Jake Vs Rick & Andy (Kenjutsu) - YouTube[/ame]

So this guy is 15th dan? His bio is quite interesting(http://www.bujinkan-brighton.co.uk/instructors/):

1981. Judo blackbelt at age 16.
    1989. Starts training in the Bujinkan.
    1993. Starts teaching.
    1994. Opens his own Dojo.
    2001. Passes the Sakki test (administered by Hatsumi) on his first try.

So we are not talking about a guy who has raced through the grades in a few years, he has 25 years of training in the art (apparently with regular trips to Japan). However, it's interesting to note that according to the above videos he was 11th dan in July 2011, so he has gained 4 grades in 2 and a half years which seems pretty quick.

20. Bonesdoc

Bonesdoc Valued Member

Although he isn't someone I know particularly well I have seen him at a few seminars and seems like a decent guy - those that know him well speak highly of him. I know that norm knows him and could probably give better background on him.

His bio doesn't read as someone who has been on the rank elevator/accelerator more trying to do what he can to learn this art. He clearly doesn't measure up in Please Reality's eyes, but based on some posts I've read, there are few that would.

His DVD is not my cup of tea...... A bit too cheesy but each to their own. I suppose given the body habitus of some dan grades in the bujinkan a fitness DVD is not the worst thing someone could encourage.

BTW this DVD has been discussed on FB recently and highlighted the danger of making observations on an individual you don't know or haven't trained with.

Just my 2p's worth.............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.