Apologies

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jim, Aug 27, 2004.

?

An apology...

1. when asked for it's worth the same as when not asked for,

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. given unasked for is worth more, or

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  3. neither, people who apologise don't really mean it anyway.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jim

Jim New Member

Is an apology worth more if it comes unasked for or if you say that you'd really like one first?

Vote away...

2. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

An apology is worth more if it comes unbidden -- there's a lot more sincerity behind it then. If you ask for it first, then it's possible it's only being given grudgingly.

3. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Depends on who it is coming from, some peoples apologies carry an overdraft, while others are worth quiet a bit regardless.

4. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

It depends on the person, but an apology is more sincere when it's comes unasked.

5. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

apologies given to people who are going to kick your ass if you don't, in my experience, tend to ring hollow- so best say it unasked to compensate :D

6. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Unasked, definitely. 9 times out of 10 it's sincere. That one time, they know you expect one and give just to feel smug.

7. pinkpsycho

pinkpsycho Valued Member

unasked because it more likely to be sincere. I'm sorry you guys :(

I had to get that out of my system. ;)

8. animefreak88

animefreak88 Valued Member

it also depends on the situation. even though i'm always sincere in my apologies, i'm not always apologizing for what i did. sometimes, if i don't regret what i did, i can still sincerely apologize to someone because i didn't mean for or want my actions to hurt them, it was just an unfortunate result. othertimes, i realize what i did was wrong, and not just apologize for the results, but apologize for doing it in the first place.

9. Eddy67

Eddy67 New Member

An apology means nothing if it's insincere