Anyone used his silat?

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Kertas, Jun 12, 2008.

1. InsertUserName

InsertUserName New Member

Oh, I read the thread alright. Just didn't like your attitude.

I don't know much about internet ettiquette but critiqueing someone for their spelling and grammar in a thread about the use of Silat seems a bit odd. Especially as you didn't actually answer the original thread question. Don't worry though, I did notice your apology.

Good to see that even you can see you're original post was aggressive. So for the sake of trying to stay in topic, maybe you can now post your experience as relates to the original question.

2. ross-24

ross-24 Valued Member

3. InsertUserName

InsertUserName New Member

:topic: I didn't mean to rub it in and apologise if that is what it seemed I was doing. I'm just one of those "old school" martial artists who's big on the respect part. Seeing as we are all martial artists here, we should all have a degree of respect. Also I'm a stickler for staying on topic.

So back onto the topic. One of my Silat compatriots in Indonesia (a Minang exponant) used his Silat in a bar fight. Unfortuantely his interpretation of Minang is very brutal and a number of broken bones and dislocated joints occured. He was charged for being the agressor and worse yet, because he was a high graded practitioner (equal to about 4th degree Red Belt) the law wanted to make an example of him. :mad:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  4. fingers of stee

fingers of stee New Member

I had a situation in Borneo once a bit like that..I was walking down an alleyway, and was blocked by two men and a child. I thought I was going to be mugged. Then i quickly realised that Id mistakenly walked into a families back yard. They were ok about it after my profuse appoliegies, but I can still remeber the adrenalin rush i got as I thought i needed to use my silat. Its a weird sensation .