Anyone Use Compression Underwear?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Starsky, May 5, 2014.

1. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I haven't gone through these so they may be nonsense, but I just noticed them on the skins website.

http://store.skins.net/uk/skins-science/

Mitch

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I was under the impression they're supposed to be worn as underwear under board shorts, etc. A lot of people who I've seen wear them wear them this way (or under their Thai shorts).

3. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

Compression based cycling gear is always worn against the skin to help prevent chaffing.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Brokeback Mountain style. Going bare back and proud of it :p

I wear these ones (well same make, slightly different design):

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Authentic-RDX-Compression-Shorts-Combat/dp/B0096RYW98/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399394143&sr=8-3&keywords=compression+shorts+RDX"]Authentic RDX Compression Flex Shorts MMA Fight UFC Combat Mens Sports Tights Gym Pants GI: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Love the compression shorts. That and a t-shirt under the gi will get you through about any class.

6. YouKnowWho

YouKnowWho Valued Member

I have suggested all my friends to add "fresh ginger" into their diet. Many of them had good result from it. Now when they sweat, their body will send out very pleasant "fresh ginger" smell.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  7. LemonSloth

Too bad Garlic doesn't quite work like that, it sticks to your clothes sooooo badly :cry:

Fresh root ginger is absolutely sublime though. Supposed to be good for the immune system too.

8. Mitch

Marmite.

Mitch

9. LemonSloth

'Tis the devil's kneecap sweat, I tell you.

10. Mitch

And if half of your training partners agree, you will have a tactical advantage :D

Mitch

11. Starsky

Starsky Valued Member

A quick update. My compression tights and t shirts arrived this week. I have yet to use them in class but I have to say the tights seem no different than cycling tights to me? (I am also a keen mountain biker).

12. Alienfish360

Alienfish360 Valued Member

Did you try these yet?

I am also partial to some cycling, and wondered if you found a difference between compression tights and cycling tights?

As if not, then I can avoid the silly money Skins want and buy some unpadded, cycling shorts.

13. Starsky

Starsky Valued Member

I will let you know by the end of this week. I will have had a few uses of them by then.

14. Starsky

Starsky Valued Member

Ok, i've used these a few times now in training. Perhaps it's a placebo effect but I do notice I'm a little less sore following training. I have not used standard cycling apparel as yet so cannot comment on whether compression base layers hve any greater or lesser benefits.

15. Mitch

Of course my skins shorts are better than cycling wear, they were really expensive! :D

Mitch

16. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

How much compression can one get from a mankinni Mitch?

:-D

LFD