Anyone take Combat Ki? 0r Ki Combat

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Bluesash, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Bluesash

Bluesash New Member

I saw a little thing on TV about it,wow it looks like somthing i like?

2. Dave Humm

Dave Humm Serving Queen and Country

Don't waste your time on it mate... Sounds like some made up BS

Regards

3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I googled it and got this:

JUKO-RYU COMBAT-KI

Juko-ryu Combat-Ki (combat internal energy) was founded in the 1960s by Professor Rod Sacharnoski, a world renown martial artist. His special one-of-a-kind system trains practitioners (who volunteer for this training) to accept full-power punches, kicks and strikes to the vital areas of the human body without injury. Combat-Ki, throughout the world, has been noted as one of the most amazing and dangerous demonstrations in the modern-day martial arts.

Combat-Ki techniques are based upon internal energy breathing in conjunction with coordinated mind, body, and breath control. Learning Combat-Ki is an on-going process that involves a great deal of study, special breathing exercises, mind and body control techniques, correct postures, eye-mind-body coordinated response techniques, punching-kicking-striking with internal energy, and perhaps the hardest of all phases to learn, the ability to control fear.

Advanced Combat-Ki training teaches one to read and understand an attackers energy, anticipate his body movements and defend against an attack on an instantaneous basis without thinking. Overall, it takes many years of study and practice to master Combat-Ki.

Some of the better-known television shows that Professor Sacharnoski and his Combat-Ki demonstrations have been shown on are: You Asked For It, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, Seeing Is Believing, The Discovery Channel’s Way Of The Warrior, Univision, ABC’s Wide World Of Sports, The Discovery Channel’s More Than Human, The Learning Channel’s Ultimate 10 Martial Arts, Fit TV, the Steve Harvey Big Time Show in Hollywood, and two Japan Martial Arts television specials that featured Japan K-1 champions who punched and kicked the Combat-Ki team members.

As a point of interest, The Learning Channel’s Ultimate 10 Martial Arts named Professor Sacharnoski’s Combat-Ki as the world’s 5th best ultimate martial art.

Professor Sacharnoski’s Combat-Ki is only taught to Juko-Kai members, and not to the general public. He does have special Combat-Ki courses for law enforcement and military personnel. Contact us for more information.

Does not sound too weird, quite similar to an Internal MA.

4. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

The threads Spooky posted does make them sound a bit dodgy. Though its probably best to have a look for yourself before making up your mind, if such an option is available. You can always find positive and negative reviews of just about anything online.

6. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

From what i seen on the discovery channel documentary it loked quite dangerousfor 2 reasons:

1/ students were encouraged to receive strikes to the throat area , which is an accident waiting to happen.

2/ The "strikes" and "kicks" being delivered seemed very poor , coupled with alot of preparation for "impact" .

In general they seemed to be selling a very false sense of security where the students had the impression that in a conflict situation they could just stand and take anything thrown at them :rolleyes:

7. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

I saw that on TV.. and basically my summary of it is this..

"So They teach you to get your ass handed to you without hurting afterwards? BRILLIANT! *toasts guinness* "