Anyone looking for Xingyi in Sydney?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by bengs, Feb 22, 2008.

1. bengs

bengs Valued Member

Hi.

Wondering if anybody is interested in learning Xingyi in Sydney?

Recently I have become acquainted with Sifu Fong Lee, who is based at Martial Arts World in Gladesville, Sydney. Currently he teaches small classes in Bagua and Taiji at his shop. His Bagua class is full up, and his Taiji class is getting close, but he has received interest in starting an additional Xingyi dedicated class, although at this time the class is on hold because he doesn't have enough students committed to joining.

I've seen some old posts here on the forum of people enquiring about Xingyi in Sydney. If you are interested, at the very least you can email Sifu Fong Lee and speak to him further.

<link removed>

He is a sincere martial artist who has genuine interest in your progress and, in his own words, doesn't want to waste your time and rip you off if you feel like you're not learning or don't seem to be taking in any of his teaching. He doesn't just take on anybody who is interested, he has to feel that you are sincere in your interest and your training.

If you contact Sifu Fong Lee and he asks you how you found out about his plan, tell him you were referred by Ben. He should know immediately if you put Ben and Xingyi in the same sentence because I've been asking him about the status of the class every week.

In consideration of the rules of posting at MAP, I do not believe that posting this topic is against the policy as blatant advertising because I had a look through some old posts and found some other members in Sydney interested in learning Xingyi (admittedly though, i don't think they are active members of the forum now)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2008
  2. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Actually, it is. Not only that, but Sifu Fong Lee's name doesn't even appear on that site, nor does anything regarding the classes he teaches, other than the dubious: "and we also offer Wushu lessons like Taiji, Xingyi and Bagua." If you wish to post anything further on this (like website or email that isn't for equipment sales), you should contact a moderator first.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll do it for you.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I've been to his store to pick up a gi I had to order urgently. All I have to say is that he seems a little disdainful of the other local MA teachers around the area. Plus he shows everyone the photo he took with Jet Li like 10 years ago.

4. bengs

bengs Valued Member

I didn't have any bad intentions. I don't want to start either. Please go ahead and delete this thread then. I tried to PM moderator but it said I didn't have access. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.