Anyone here train at Tristar or train in the Montreal area?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by UrbanOkami, Oct 13, 2017.

1. UrbanOkami

UrbanOkami New Member

Hey guys I'm going to be headed to Montreal for a month of training at Tristar soon and wanted to know if there are any of you in the area that can give me any recommendations on any other places to train (Kyokushin, taekwondo, etc)

Also if any of you are in the area or train/trained at Tristar feel free to say hi and I would love to hear from you about the experience and about your martial arts experience

Knee Rider likes this.
  2. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I've never trained at Tristar.

I recommend that you check out Alessandro Bartoli Kyokushin Karate while you're in Montreal.

On a side note, I see that you train at World Oyama Karate in San Francisco. I was literally just at your dojo last Saturday morning.

3. UrbanOkami

UrbanOkami New Member

4. UrbanOkami

UrbanOkami New Member

Oh wow, seriously? How did you like it? I hope it was a great experience for you. Do you have a blackbelt in Karate? Also do you train in Montreal

5. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

I'd be looking to soak as much up from tristar as possible if I were you... Golden opportunity. Get pics and start a log so we can live vicariously through your experience!

Pretty In Pink and UrbanOkami like this.
  6. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

It was an amazing experience. Shihan Saito is a great instructor and everyone who trained there was awesome.

I am not a black belt. Not yet, anyway. I'm a nikyu Brown Belt.

I train out of Victoria, BC. I just passed through Montreal a few years ago.

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I have a friend who dropped into Tristar whilst on holiday, he said the standard was generally good, they have a very big timetable, so take advantage whilst you can.

UrbanOkami likes this.