Anyone heard of golden lion school in melbourne?

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by NinjaSkillz, Jan 9, 2014.

1. NinjaSkillz

NinjaSkillz New Member

2. melbgoju

melbgoju Valued Member

Sorry, apart from knowing the name - they've been around in Melbourne for over 40 years, so I'd be surprised if I didn't - I've only ever seen them demo-ing once in the 90s. (It looked to my untutored eye like fairly standard ie. decent fare btw)

I think they do primarily hung-gar and modern wushu? But sorry, I know very little about what's offered in your neck of the woods, and even less about the CMA on offer there.

With a bit of luck Garry Shambrooke (a member here) will be along to answer your post, as he knows a LOT about the Melbourne CMA scene

3. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Its up to you but for myself i wouldn't bother, i have competed with some of their students and even spared with some of their ex ones that came to my school, they had no chance.

4. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Oh,confess,we KNOW you ordered their "The Ultimate Dim Mak Knife
    Self Defence Course on DVD". Who could pass that up?

5. S.P.

S.P. Valued Member

They have a few outlets around Melb. but the main one and the oldest is in Carnegie/Morambeena area. I recall, when I used to train at David Lacey's Buck Sing Gwoon in Innkerman road, we had quite a few students from Golden Lion, who came to join our school because Goden Lion were rip-off mechants.
    Can't tell you whether their teaching is of any value, as I never even went upstairs to have a snoop.
    But give it a go, by all means, it never hurts to try.
    Cheers,
    Serge Pavlov Melbourne Australia

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

If you look under the post, you'll see this post was made in 2014, and the poster is no longer active on this site :)