Anyone Have any tips for a training routine for me?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Sorashizen, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Sorashizen

Sorashizen New Member

This topic could go in 2 places really, it could go in the routine critique section I suppose.... but, I'm also asking for kinda noobish advice so I threw it in here. Ok here's the scoop, I'm 5' 8" and weigh 130lbs [17 yrs old, male]. I'm skinny already but, have little muscle tone and a little fat left on my stomach that i'd like to be rid of. Basically, I want to be more toned without being bulky if you know what I mean. This is what I currently doing [used to be every other day but, now that I'm so very used to it thinking of going to every day], keep in mind this is probably a horrid routine but, it's all I got haha. [by the way the only equipment I have are dumbbells that go up to 20 lbs, also what I do must be rather quiet as I still live with my parents and they go to bed when I exercise lol.]
    Warm Up - Basically non existant as my training isn't intense in the least
    First I do 50 regular crunches
    Next I do 50 of those bicycle type crunches things [sorry don't know technical terms]
    Next, leg raises, first 6inches off the ground, hold for 30 seconds, next 45 degrees, 30 seconds, next 90 degrees 30 seconds, next legs back as far as possible 30 seconds then 25 leg raises as in raising my legs up and down.
    Next I do the dumbbells
    2 sets of 50 on each arm, curls with the 20 lbs [50 on one, switch 50 on the other switch etc]
    then 1 set of 50 on each arm at 10 lbs
    Then I do some type of bicep thing that's hard to describe and I don't know what it's called sorry, that helps you guys none so lets just consider it negligable.
    Now I repeat the ab work
    50 crunches, 50 bicylcle crunch things, 25 leg raises with the pauses as before
    afterwards I do 10 pushups + side planks as in pushup, side plank, push up, side plank other side
    after this I do a tad bit of yoga I picked up off wii fit [let the laughter begin and the pushups and side plank idea originated off wii fit too haha!]
    first tree pose, 30 seconds on each leg
    second, half-moon pose, 30 seconds each side
    yesterday, I added 50 seconds of bow and 50 seconds of horse stance at the end followed by some stretches
    phew* sorry to anyone that reads that and is incredibly bored haha

Ok so, any suggestions or if that completely sucks does anyone have a different routine I can use for toning up? Please describe the exercises as I'm a n00b haha.

Oh and I am also thinking of adding a little bit of shadow boxing for more cardio to help get rid of the small bit of fat i have on my stomach. [body fat is probably around 12 % or so and i wanna see my abs] also, this entire process takes around 30 minutes.

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH...

You used the 'T' word (toning). :bang:

Have a look round

http://rosstraining.com/

for some ideas on training with minimal equipment and if you have the money buy 'Never Gymless'.

To get rid of the fat on your stomach you need to sort your diet out. Abs are defined in the kitchen not in the gym!

3. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

i think a more accepted term would be "looking to define my muscles"?

4. Sorashizen

Sorashizen New Member

thanks for the link but, what's wrong with the "t" word??? lol

also as for dieting, I already eat rather healthy, though I do have a weakness for sweets but, have those pretty seldom, like I said it's just a little bit of fat, not much at all, also as I said before I still live with parents so I eat what they buy/make lol.

5. furn

furn Valued Member

Like frodocious said, go to the rosstraining website for some training samples. I don't think you need to do this much of exercice. Heck, I do the "magic 50" from Ross, and I see major result!

And for the little fat around the belly, I think it's more a matter of diet than training. I said that, because being a pure endomorph myself, this damn fat only go away when my diet is top notch.

6. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

The 'T' word is usually used by the pink dumbbell brigade and is evil, that's all you need to know! ;) :)