Anyone had a plate out?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Maryreade1234, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Maryreade1234

Maryreade1234 Member

Hello im finally getting my plate out. In the netherlands were allowed to train outside so im with a gym that does outside training (only bagwork)

Next week im getting my plate out. How long should I wait before I go back to bagwork?

I can also do privates once a week on my budget which im thinking of doing before I go back to the gym.

Doctor said 4-6 weeks but that sounds a bit optimistic. Should I break it down to
    when I can shadowbox?
    When I can do light padwork?
    When I can hit the bag again?

I dont think full contact sparring and stuff is gonna happen for at least 6 months seeing coronasituation here.

I dont wanna rush back to quick. I went back a bit early before and it slowed healing down i think.

2. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

sorry - i am confused -

what sort of plate?
    out from where?
    Removed in what manner?

Regardless, hope it all goes well for you. :)

3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

I'd use what the surgeon said to you as a bare minimum, you want to incrementally add force to your training, and take each stage slowly, at least 4 weeks between stages.

4. Maryreade1234

Maryreade1234 Member

I broke my ulna last year, and am now having the plate out so I can compete again in the future.