Anyone else have problems with Skype?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by murphy81, Dec 19, 2006.

1. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

I am trying to sign up to use Skype, just to see what its like, but when I get as far as the final page, the SIGN UP button isnt highlighted, and therefore wont let me click on it!

Has anyone else had similar problems like this? I have contacted Skype customer services, but they were no help:rolleyes:

2. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I signed up a week or so ago. Haven't been able to sign in for a few days though, not sure if it's Skype or me being dumb. I think it's Skype though :D

Maybe they're having problems at the moment :confused:

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmmm... I recently signed up for Skype and it went through no problem.
    It sure is alot easier on the phone bills. :D

4. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

AMAZINGLY, I spoke to someone at Skype who guided me through a few different things to check, firewall access, etc. Nothing changed, so I called him again.

He then told me that there was nothing that they could do for me, other than wait for an updated version of the program to be released (of which he didnt know when exactly this was).

Have given up on the idea for now...I have seen a few other companies offering VOIP calls, but dont want to use anything other than Skype, as I am using it for business. Already bought the phone aswell....waste of time.:bang: