Anybody study in Glasgow?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by dragon_bunny, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

just curious my sensi is organising a seminar with a ninjustu group from glasgow :)

2. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

I have studied in Glasgow, with the "ninjutsu" organisation your speaking of. I've also studied with the same organisation in Leith, Edinburgh.

Ironically, THEY, expelled, ME.

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

3. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I'm a (pretty new) student at the Bujinkan Tao Dojo, under James Gough (5th Dan). Nice bunch of people, and it's one of the few proper Bujinkan places in Scotland, I believe. :)

4. dragon_bunny

not to sound to nosey or anything but why did they expell you?

5. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

dragon_bunny, out of curiosity, are you Bujinkan or BBD (Bujinkan Brian Dojo)? I think Krazy5051 is talking about the BBD dojo in Edinburgh.

6. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Ohhhh the BBD, better not get onto that one again!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  7. dragon_bunny

umm bujinkan :)

8. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

i used to train in glasgow and cumbernauld, it was a husband and wife team, he was about 4 feet with his hands in the air, lol, but good taijutsu.

they were nice folks, his name was billy(sorry all i can remember)

if it turns out to be the same bloke tell him the really attractive guy that could do the front flips, from about 10 yrs ago said hi,(i might have made up the good looking bit though)

dazza

9. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I'll need to ask James if this seminar is anything to do with us. We've got an all-day sword technique/muto dori session & grading in August, maybe that's got something to do with it. :)

10. Krazy5051

Krazy5051 Valued Member

"Due to steadfastness in his beliefs, certain of his correctness and complete indifference to anyone else's appreciation", I believe. :cool:

Yours in martial arts,

Kid.

11. dragon_bunny

krazy :) ah righty

12. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Bump!

Dragon_bunny, is your teacher called Ian? James mentioned that a 5th Dan he knows from Liverpool is coming up in October to share some of the stuff he learned in Japan recently...

13. Bouk Teef

Bouk Teef Valued Member

14. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I believe a couple of the BBs from there were visiting our Buj place on Sunday there. I wasn't in attendance, but it struck me as slightly unusual...

15. Bouk Teef

Bouk Teef Valued Member

I can assure you; whoever they were, they were not from that dojo.

16. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

Well, there was certainly a couple of BBs attending from a Ninjutsu dojo in Govan...how many can there be up there? :p

17. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Cumbernauld....Yes, I remember the 80's adverts with Ronnie Corbett

I used to read a nice little British Martial Arts publication called 'Combat Magazine' about ten years ago.
    They really hated all ninjutsu practitioners and put our art down at every given opportunity. Although I was a Tae Kwon-Do enthusiast at the time, their 'anti all things ninja' attitude puzzled me somewhat as I seem to remember that they were quite happy to take payment from Ninjutsu organisations in return for displaying their classified ads monthly in the magazine.
    In fact, I seem to remember an ad space being continuously reserved for an organisation training in Fuma Ryu Ninjutsu coming out of Cumbernauld although I could be mistaken as it was a long time ago.
    What the fiddley is Fuma Ryu Ninjutsu anyway? I never knew much about Ninjutsu all those years ago and I haven't heard of a Fuma Ryu Organisation since.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  18. LostInTheMist

LostInTheMist New Member

Could it be Fuma Ryu that is now collectively the Gembukan? I knew someone who said they went to one of their seminars about 8 years ago and they were training with some ex student of Hatsumi I think. Dunno, I could be talking BS.

Looking at this link, it sounds likely....
    http://www.crackedfinger.com/clubs/britishfumaryuninjutsusociety/

19. dragon_bunny

no imy sensi isn't called ian and i don't train in liverpool ;)

this is a bit pointless now as the ninjutsu guys from glasgow didn't come to our seminar !!

20. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Fuma ryu has nothing to do with genbukan, Genbukan is an offshoot from the Bujinkan from Tanemura or Manaka, cant remember which one but it is still respected, the fuma ryu are a bunch of nutters who call themselves ninja, these are normally put in the same grouping as Ashida Kim and Dux ryu!! Adam Richardson only wants your money for his parties and his Japanese garden!!