Any Tool Fans? Stay off the stage, Maynard knows Jiu-Jitsu!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MerKaBa, Aug 30, 2005.

1. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

I was actually at this concert, but I forgot how awesome this was. Some fool ran up on the stage and Maynard grabbed him like he was going to hug him then executed a beautiful hiptoss, dug his hooks in, and proceeded to choke him out!

Anyway they just got it on Ebaums world; I'd almost forgot about it:

http://www.yikers.com/video_tool_singer_owns_fan.html

My friends thought it was funny, but didn't know what was going on. I was screaming at the top of my lungs because I just realized my favorite singer has the same hobbies I do. I'd love to roll with Maynard... maybe I should jump up on stage next time :D

2. hux

hux ya, whatever.

he was choking that guy for an awfully long time...ugh.

3. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Yeah, but he never missed a lyric in the song... Have you ever tried executing a perfect Rear Naked choke while singing through a microphone to thousands of screaming fans?

4. hux

hux ya, whatever.

LOL naw, can't say that I have :)

5. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Oh man, then you haven't lived ;)

It probably took him a while to sink it in since he could only use one hand... and 'the fan' was trying to pull it off here and there with both hands.

6. joltvolta

joltvolta New Member

He has been studying martial arts for quite sometime from what I've read. Been a long time Tool fan, kinda funny to see him do that. He seems to be someone who is very focused on health and wellbeing of the body.

Oh, and off-topic... if you like tool, check out The Mars Volta. Not the same style but, ...

-- jolt

7. sliver

sliver Work In Progress

That, was awesome. Somehow it doesn't shock me comming from Maynard.

8. tellner

tellner Valued Member

I think you misspelled "a Total Body-Nazi" there. :)

9. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Yeah, I believe he started Jiu-Jitsu back in '95 under Rickson.

Mars Volta is definetly good stuff... though I don't care much for 'at the drive in'

10. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

why did the security not get rid of him?

11. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

They may have thought it was part of the show... Maynard does some wacky stuff sometimes, and he didn't stop singing.

Or they could have just been laughing too hard, it's pretty funny to see a scrawny rockstar start tossing around fans that outweigh him by 30+ pounds.