Any tips?

Discussion in 'MMA' started by jamie1976, Apr 18, 2007.

1. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

this is me and chris sparring anybody got any tips? apart from guillotine defence and keeping me head up i worked that one out myself lol

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-adpHIi1xM"]freestyle grappleing sparring - YouTube[/ame]

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

To escape that choke, put your hand on the protruding elbow and push your head out.

3. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Tripodding so you can drive all your weight through your delt into their chest takes some of the power of the guillotine choke away so you can work that elbow longer.

4. stump

stump Supersub

One of you was throwing reverse punches to the body - twice or three times by 0.12 - that person was very open to a hook/cross or knee to the head. Try to avoid leaning in to deliver body shots - there's little power in them and you're very open when you try them. Try letting them come in close to you and then throw a shovel hook or cross to the stomach.

Good stuff overall! :)

5. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

to me, it looks like both you and your partner's lead legs are too far out, which exposes both of you to leg kicks and single leg takedowns.

good work though.

6. jamie1976

jamie1976 Valued Member

many thanx!!!

thanx for all the tips and advice i'll be sure to put all points into practice on sunday and show you the results hopfully this time il be victorious if not i'll learn from the loss and get better thanx again.

jamie :woo: