any pictures of Dan Inosanto father?

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by 5thBrother, Jun 25, 2005.

1. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

hi all?

does anyone know of any pictures of dan inosanto's father can be seen on the net please?

thank you

:)

2. 5thBrother

5thBrother Valued Member

:)

i found this one for interested people :)

[​IMG]

"Manong LaCoste training with Sebastian Inosanto, the father of Guro Dan Inosanto"

3. MasteR-[G]

MasteR-[G] New Member

Is Dan Inosanto a Filipino? He's family name sounds one. Sorry for my ignorance...

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Yep. Though I've heard that he's never been there himself. So I suppose you'd call him a Filipino American. :)

5. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

Or an American Filipino :D...
    Cool pic by the way, where did you find it ???

6. MasteR-[G]

MasteR-[G] New Member

THanks you guys for the reply. Im proud to be a Filipino!

but not w/ our current government... lol

7. Diego_Vega

Diego_Vega Frustrated pacifist

I actually think that his family was originally from Cebu, or at least the Visayas.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I think this same thing applies to most Americans... I'm proud to be American but certainly not thrilled with the current government. :eek:

9. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Ditto to that for Australia. John howard needs a good kick up the ass.

10. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

And keeping the thread on track...........
    ;)

11. Juego Todo

Juego Todo Stay thirsty, my friends.

I believe that Inosanto's roots can be traced back to Aklan province (where Kinaray-a and maybe a variation of Ilonggo-Bisaya are spoken), or so I've heard through the grapevine. A family friend of ours who shares the same famous surname also hails from Aklan, where he says that name is quite common. Perhaps it's an example of a regional surname.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  12. StknDecuerdas

StknDecuerdas New Member

Hey Juego, any ideas about the surname Sebastian? My grandfather was from Luzon before he moved to Stockton, CA. As for me, I'm 100% pure mutt-American. Inosanto said one time at a seminar here that he found out that his surname is not of spanish but rather Italian descent, which i did some research and found sebastian to be southern German/ northern Italian, not spanish like i thought. He said the spanish hired Italian Mercanaries all the time. sorry, i kinda like history.
    JDB in Stockton