Any one heard of Master Mi Yi?

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by rgn_jhn33597, Aug 26, 2011.

1. unknown-KJN

unknown-KJN Banned Banned

:cry: that's why I'm "unknown" ... cuz everyone IGNORES (doesn't acknowledge) me. :cry:

2. rgn_jhn33597

rgn_jhn33597 Valued Member

Alright maybe I said it the wrong way. I didn't mean I would ignore "all" future posts but in order for me to stay level headed that is what I have to do for the posts that rub me the wrong way, is all I meant. I do apologize to you unknown you and some others did have some helpful advise as well those were just the two that stuck out the most in my memory banks without sifting through the whole thread again. :cool:

3. rgn_jhn33597

Just want to clarify RH is NOT my instructor. I realize he's a douche and I have actually never met him nor do I want to (after learning what I know now). There are two American Dragon schools one in Winter Garden and one In Clermont. It is his Ex that is the instructor and my master in Clermont and he is in Winter Garden as far as I know (has nothing to do with Clermont as far as belts or teaching or anything I know of) and he can stay there or drop off the face of the earth. What she is teaching is self defense based and some is even comparable to what is taught in the Law Enforcement Academy I went through. That is one thing that helped me make up my mind to stay there, because I got into if for the self defense aspect not for the Cert. When I started there nobody really talked about Federations and promised Certs from one or the other. It was all about what she was going to be teaching. She has been with the same Org. since I started. But I guess after re reading what you posted you were referring to her as well. As far as that goes She was previously in the KHF so between that and what she teaches I don't doubt her abilities which is how I'm gonna learn not from a piece of paper.

4. Obewan

Obewan "Hillbilly Jedi"

Shoe leather tastes so good in the evening :confused: Right you are Unk!

I've got my eye on another thread over there. :woo:

5. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Wow! What a waste of time that was! Dontcha love it when folks ask for advice and then don’t listen? Oh well, if your happy i'm happy. I will however say that one day you might find yourself in a situation where you are sa:woo:ying. "Those guys on MAP were right!" I hope for you sake i'm wrong.

If you do continue to train at that dojang I think some hanging on to your wallet techniques might come in handy.

6. JTMS

JTMS Valued Member

Wow! What a waste of time that was! Dontcha love it when folks ask for advice and then don’t listen? Oh well, if your happy i'm happy. I will however say that one day you might find yourself in a situation where you are saying: "Those guys on MAP were right!" I hope for you sake i'm wrong.

If you do continue to train at that dojang I think some hanging on to your wallet techniques might come in handy. :woo:

7. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

barring any actual fighting at the school, if you can't trust the lineage, then you can't trust the school or instructors.

well, i wish i could say i'm happy for you. but i'm not. best of luck anyway. you're going to need it. come back when you grow up a bit.

8. Sunmoo

Sunmoo New Member

What the Hay!! I'll throw in my two cents, once you have been at that Dojang for a couple months stop by our place in Daytona and work out with us, we are only 80 miles or so away and compare what you are learning to what we do.

9. rgn_jhn33597

Sounds like fun! It may still be a while because I jst don't make it out that way very often (gas prices n-all).I'll see what I can do after a while. Whats the name of your Dojang? Do you have a web site so I can look you up and possibly get directions for the furture?

10. rgn_jhn33597

For any one that can read Korean or maybe has a program that can translate a whole web site (google didn't do it for crap). Here is the working website for the federation I am in. Its toatally korean and I can't read it to research it for nothing.

www.koreahapkido.net

I was told also they are apparently changing the federations emblem to what is on the web page.

11. Sunmoo

Sunmoo New Member

We are North Florida Hapkido! On Nova Road in South Daytona, beginner classes are Mon & Wed 7-9:30, advanced Tue & Thu 7-9:30.

12. Bruce W Sims

Bruce W Sims Banned Banned

I wish it were that easy, Pazi......

If you go back to circa 2002-2004 there was a huge blow-up regarding the people under discussion. In fact, at one time I had a copy of one of those KHF video sets that were sold under the table by the folks down in Florida. And then there was all of that stuff about fake certificates for Hapkido and TKD, and then the use of the KHF emblem ...yadda yadda yadda.

The simple fact is that there are individuals who want things fast, cheap and easy....and for those folks there will also be people who are willing to provide something thats ...well....fast, cheap and easy.

Now, the only reason I chose to say anything at all is that I wanted to make sure Billy Burchett didn't get a bum rap through association. The man has a really good heart and I have liked him since the time I first crossed pathes with him here in Chicago at Hyuns Hapkido on Western. Unfortunately, as turned out with so many people who came out of Hyun's school, I think Billy got bit by the "commerce bug" so the things he does tend to be more along the lines of business decisions and he tends to hang with folks who think the same way.....good AND bad.

Just some mixed thoughts.

Best Wishes,

Bruce