Any Ninjas???

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by NinjaCultMaster, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Cougar_v203

Cougar_v203 4th surgery....Complete!

yep they are gotta agree with you on that but ckdists pfffft! plz I'll make them stain there panties :D.

2. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Let's Clarify...

Okay, I just wanted to point out two or three things here. Let's start with the first incorrect statement that I saw posted in this thread. I believe it said something along the lines of the ninja being the equivalent of today's assassin and hitmen. This is completely and utterly false. Ninja rarely ever had missions/assignments where their sole purpose was the elimination of a certain target. You are merely going by Hollywood's story if you believe such things. Soke Hatsumi has stated before that such was not the nature of the Ninja.

Secondly, someone said that ninja only wore black for night missions, camouflage any other time. The real truth is that the ninja would never wear black, even at night. It sticks out like a big black blob because it is not a natural color. Instead, earth-tone greens and browns, and light/dark blues would have been worn.

Lastly, I wanted to inquire as to why there seems to be a general snickering anytime the word "ninja" seems to be mentioned, as though such does not exist. Some believe that it is still possible to be considered a ninja, others do not. Either way, if you have the idea that ninja went extinct centuries ago, you are gravely mistaken. Even if no one today can rightfully take the name ninja (though I am of another opinion), the last true living ninja, O'Sensei Takamatsu, died in April of 1972. Not so far away now is it? Truly, it is foolish to think that ninja cannot still exist when the actual definition of a ninja is one who lives in harmony with his surroundings. I believe someone mentioned that no martial arts need to be associated with the person. This is very true, but when martial arts (ninjutsu/taijutsu) are involved, the nature of the techniques follows the same principles of harmony and being in balance. I believe that once you all take a step back and stop thinking that serious ninjutsu practitioners are equivalent to the actors dressed in black PJs from Hollywood cinema, you might be able to better understand the art. Until you do your homework, do not poke fun.

Oh, and as far as Rick Tew and Tew Ryu go, he has formed what is known as "Neo Ninjitsu." It's basically a collection of techniques from other arts thrown together to make Americanized "ninjitsu." None of the techniques are real ninjutsu as Tew has no links to any true lineage. But at least he does not claim to have one like some others do. Bottom line is that there are still schools out there that make money off of the ninja craze by presenting fancy, but ultimately useless kicks and acrobatics that claim to be ninjutsu. Then there are true institutions of ninjutsu such as the Bujinkan that have real claims to the arts of the ninja and who train effectively and in authentic methods. Learn to discern and mock the people that deserve it, if you must mock at all. Have a good one, all.

3. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

True, and I believe they did not wear black in the old days at all. In old plays about ninjas they would wear black to show that they are the bad guy, ninja dressed pretty much like everybody else did but they adopted wearing black because of this...I read this somewhere but I can't assure you that it is a reliable source.:eek:

4. SilentNightfall

What I think you mean is that in Japanese plays, the stage hands would usually wear black as a signal to the audience that they were not part of the play and should not be seen. When plays were then made involving ninja characters, the actors would dress in black to give the same impression of being "unseen" by the other actors. In true reality, if the ninja ever did need to go on a misson where they would not be dressed in common clothing, they would wear the colors that I stated in my previous post (light blue/dark blue or earth-tone colors like brown, green, etc.). Black, as I said before, stands out like a black blob when it moves against the environment because it is not a natural color. This is why historically, the ninja did not wear such a color when trying to blend in at night. Black isn't a natural color and stands out when a person moves. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

5. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

Yeah exactly.;)

6. Cougar_v203

how bout camo ;)

7. SilentNightfall

Depending on your environment, the "typical" camouflage can work well. Other times not. Again, I believe this would depend solely on your environment. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

8. kull1268

kull1268 New Member

in todays modern world,why would we want to learn about poison making,theres just no need for it today.this is not feudal japan. michael ryan

9. kull1268

kull1268 New Member

hi josh,remember me,we trained together with papa-san.i,m the guy from pittston

10. SilentNightfall

If you can give me a description, I'm sure that I can recall exactly who you are, since there are a few Mike's who appear up at Ed's either weekly or just every so often. Then again, there are also other Josh's that come every so often to the dojo, though I'm there at every class. LoL. If you do know me, then you'll remember me as the guy who's about 6'1", has chestnut brown hair, and is still a youngster compared to most of the group up there. Either way, if you've been to Ed's, I'm sure we've trained together. I'm almost positive that you're the Mike I'm thinking of if it was you and I who trained together up in the field when doing sword work. Am I correct?

11. kull1268

kull1268 New Member

that is correct and also we trained at charles danial seminar too,you took some pics for my family

12. SilentNightfall

I thought it was you. How have you been, Mike? I've missed having the opportunity to train with you on Sundays. I still have the fond memory of playing around with the sword in the field and doing "cinematic" dying sequences when either one of us got "sliced" across the stomach, sound effects included. So will you be coming back to Ed's anytime soon? I'd love to have a chance to train with you again. And how did those pictures from the seminar turn out? Hope I wasn't a clumsy cameraman.

13. kull1268

kull1268 New Member

they came out exellent,thank you. yes,i,m coming back to ed,s next sunday,i had to take a couple months off.see you next week.have a great holiday.

14. SilentNightfall

Great! I'll be looking forward to seeing you there. We've been playing with all the various things Ed and the group brought back from Japan for the past few weeks and so we're most likely continuing on with that. Really fun stuff. Glad to hear that the pictures came out well also. See you in another week, Mike. Take care for now.

15. Cougar_v203

sorry for breaking this happy little reunion but I want to ask something then you can go back.

ok I live in maryland and i live in neighborhood thats surrounded by lots of trees and I was wondering what kind of outfit I should wear? Dark Blue? Camo? or what would you recommend?

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Suburban USA, best disguise would be jeans and t shirt ;)

17. SilentNightfall

Lots of tress and such? Well, are you talking daytime or nighttime? If it's at night, dark blue as well as all the earth-tone colors would work. If it is daytime, I would go with the earth-tone greens, browns, etc., provided you are near trees and foliage at the time. You can't exactly lay out on the sidewalk wearing these colors and not expect to be seen. LoL. But in all honesty, are there fields surrounding these trees? Can you use grass to blend in? Give us a better description and it might be easier to give you an idea on what to use.

18. ichiro katsumor

ichiro katsumor New Member

alright let me tell you charcoal black is the best color for stealth in an area where you may go from urban to woodland often it is my fav color for stealth night work.hope that helped

19. SilentNightfall

Careful there, Nathan. Remember, anything even remotely resembling black at night is awful for stealthing techniques if people are looking your way when you move. I think I've posted this a million times on various forums, but here it is again. Black stands out like a big blob against any background at night. Why? Because it is not a natural color. I believe I also stated which colors are appropriate above somewhere.

20. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Surely our modern armed forces use the most suitable colours for camoflauge purposes, why don't you wear army combats.