Any Hints?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by mekosho, Jun 11, 2004.

1. mekosho

mekosho New Member

In Kosho ryu kempo, the first objective in any situation is to find your escape route...we train in this using an octagon...each side of the shape is numbered, with one being on top, or in front, two being to the rear, three left and four right....anyways, won't list all the numbers, my question is this...
    In the dojo, we train with a partner/partners, but at home, i train alone...any hints on how I can train in manuvering out of the path of a punch or kick when there is actually no kick or punch coming at me???
    Also, any hints on how I can get better at reading body language?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  2. Guo_Xing_Yi

Guo_Xing_Yi Valued Member

Get a friend. Give the said friend a contract stating that no matter what the said friend does, he/she will remain friends regardless of what is done or said. Both of you sign said contract.

Give friend a bokuto. Get said friend to beat the crap out of you. You will quickly learn how to move :)

3. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Take a tennis ball or 4, hang them on string, and start swinging them around while standing nearby. Move accordingly to avoid bing hit from any given direction. As for reading body language, first you need a body to read, and react off of, and second you need time and patience to develop that skill. My 2 cents, hope it's helpful to you. :cool:

4. mekosho

mekosho New Member

thanks...good ideas

5. shalomdokwan87

shalomdokwan87 Valued Member

who do u train under . any of the 2 first and do u know of matosi

6. mekosho

mekosho New Member

I train under Grandmaster Robert Hoe and Shihan Brent Crisci in Maine, and yes, I know of Mitose

7. shalomdokwan87

shalomdokwan87 Valued Member