any good ninjitsu websites or dojos in cleveland/england

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by small guy, Feb 12, 2004.

1. small guy

small guy New Member

i need a website that can teach me becose im not old enuf i dont think to join a class

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Sorry to be the one

to tell you this, but you are not going to be able to learn from a website. Sorry. Just the way it works. The website could be chock full of useful material, but without an instructor, it would be like building a snowman in the middle of July. Just can't do it.
    How old are you? Have you tried Stephen K. Hayes' Quest Centers?

3. small guy

small guy New Member

i am 13 and i dont want a website to totaly teach me the whole thing just so i can learn the basic kicks and weapons that kind of thing

a site with action videos would be good

4. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Go to http://www.winjutsu.com and check it out. There are a few short clips of Hatsumi doing his thing. There are a few more sites, but I can't remember which ones. I'd call or email any dojos in your area and ask them about the age thing. I think you might be able to join a Quest Center.

5. small guy

small guy New Member

thx very much i apreciate your help i just say a bruce lee movie something about game of death 2 i think it was cool

6. Togakure

Togakure New Member

I must say the fact that Steven Hayes thinks he knows better than the current grand master of Ninjutsu quite insulting.

Steven Hayes is worried that he would be 'laughed off the stage' if he talked about any other rank about 10th dan.

What matters to him more?, his art, or his image?, it looks like his image since he refuses to mention anything above 10th dan even though he claims to follow Bujikan.

I find Steven Hayes a very commersialised person, and a bad figurehead for American Ninjutsu.

His books are very interesting and mostly precise but his overwhelming need to be 'noticed' is not inkeeping with the way of Ninjutsu (in my opinon anyway)

If anyone wants to find out more about authentic Ninjutsu, I would steer them away from Steven Hayes, and recommend Dr Hatsumi's own books, who has been practicing the art for ALOT longer then Steven Hayes.

This post it not intended as an insult to anyone who followed Steven Hayes philosophy, it is merely my opinion.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2004
  7. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Opinion noted. Regardless, Mr. Hayes has been training a very long time and is quite good at what he does. While he may no longer be a member of or associate with the Bujinkan, he does still consider himself a student of Hatsumi Soke. I think (but don't quote me) that he still goes to Japan to train.
    Yes, he has gone on his own path, but what's wrong with that? He doesn't claim to be teaching Ninjutsu, but To-Shin-Do. Mr. Hayes has decided to follow his own path is all.
    I recommended Quest Centers because you know that the Taijutsu you will be learning there is legit and effective. For a young person wanting to start out, it's better than nothing (or worse, Ashida Kim). it's also a good way to network and meet new people. And eventually, make up your mind for yourself if that's what you want to follow.

8. Togakure

Togakure New Member

Yes you are right, he doesnt claim to be teaching Ninjutsu, I thought he did.

That's what i get for jumping to conclusions! :rolleyes:

9. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

No worries, guilty of it myself on occasion! :D