Anxiety, Wing Chun and Alcohol / Cannabis

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Locolad, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Correction:

The people making commercially available CBD are unregulated, and fill their marketing with scam claims, and much of its effectivness seems to be the placebo effect.

They are some promessing studies, and new medicines which may have some limited use.

Cannabis derived compounds are not a magic bullet for disease. There's a lot of unverified claims about Commercially available CBD which simply don't stand up to any investigation.

2. Dead_pool

Point proven, that is a badly disguised marketing website, full of junk articles.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Every MMA fighter on my facebook is sponsored or uses CBD. I can't stand the taste and never felt anything.

4. Tman

Tman Valued Member

If your taking drink and drugs and experiencing anxiety, the easy solution is to stop taking the drink and drugs.

The natural adrenaline, endorphins hit you get from training is way better anyway.

Don't think of it as giving up getting high, just replacing a negative high with a positive one.

Monkey_Magic likes this.
  5. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

A side-line we run in my shop is selling vape products, including CBD.
    I think it's quite telling that we are not allowed, by law, to state, imply or otherwise suggest that CBD products have any medical benefits.

That said, I have a few regular customers who purchase it for pain relief, who swear by it. But, it's anecdotal - could be placebo, could be correct.

I definitely don't believe that it can cure tumours/cancer etc.

6. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Some of the articles might be junk, especially ones written by clinic owners and others with commercial interests, but the abstracts linked on that page are legit.

7. Dead_pool

Which the "articles" distort massively.

Theirs some promise in cannabis derived chemicals, which is a very different thing from commercially available "CBD".

It's the difference between the therapeutic use of aspirin to avoid stroke in AF, and chewing random tree bark, which may or may not be willow tree.

8. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

JUST STOP NOW. Mate ive wasted most of my life on drugs and drink, oh to be 22 again, i am 49 in may, mental illness, prison, sort of a bit fat, god knows how i ended up being with the same woman for 17 years and have a beautiful intelligent 13 year old daughter, just sobered up "again". STOP IT NOW , dude seriously you will thank me in 20 years when you are living in a big comfy house.

aaradia and Mitch like this.
  9. zombiekicker

zombiekicker bagpuss

I need some of that tree bark that causes a heart attack "asking for a friend" (curare)

10. Dead_pool

11. Jakeygla

Jakeygla New Member

"It's the difference between the therapeutic use of aspirin to avoid stroke in AF, and chewing random tree bark, which may or may not be willow tree."

Yup, sums it all up perfectly.

zombiekicker and Dead_pool like this.
  12. SelinaSolis

SelinaSolis Banned Banned

Hey! I stumbled upon this old thread and wanted to share my 2 cents to bring it back to life. It's possible that your intense physical activity could increase your body's sensitivity to these substances, leading to heightened anxiety. Have you considered taking a break from both alcohol and cannabis to see if your anxiety improves? Alternatively, you could explore other forms of pain relief, such as CBD products, which are known for their calming effects and lack of psychoactive properties. LMK how it's going.

Last warning. Any more advertising and you'll be banned.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2023
  13. Dead_pool

^ cough cough, dodgy advertising cough cough