Antony Cummins, author of Shinobi Soldiers et al - a discussion about his background

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Manga, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Which really reads; "I have been severely debunked, I have to cover my ass by deleting my vids!"

2. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

You know, that was exactly what I was thinking. Boy, this sure is entertaining...

/ Skuggvarg

3. poryu

poryu Valued Member

including the one where he blatantly lied about being kicked out of the bujinkan when in fact he had not been.

Once a liar always a liar

4. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

I saw the video last week and it did seem to be on the side of Togakure.

Wish I copied it now. It would have made all of this more viable.

5. Nutjob

Nutjob Jimmy Tarbuck

he had this conversation on facebook recently..

Tom Huston
    Did our long discussion thread get deleted? My Gmail notification to Antony's latest comments says: "This message could not be loaded, does not exist, or has been deleted." And I don't see it here...
    Tuesday at 17:46 · Like · · Subscribe

Antony Cummins Hi Tom. I just deleted all 60 youtube vids on Togakure and all the threads. I realised that i had become what i tried not to be on this thread. I want to show people real ninjutsu and i have seen enough info against bujinkan. So i have deleted everything. Back to showing historical ninjutsu, not arguing about what could be. I reasised i had gone well off topic.
    Yesterday at 02:28 · Like · 5 people.

Tom Huston
    Ah, that explains it. Wow, that's quite a shift. That'll definitely make more Bujinkan members receptive to your historical research, which I do think has probably been ignored by too many of them because they couldn't stand your debunking efforts. A very big step towards Ichigun ichimi...
    20 hours ago · Like · 1 person.

Antony Cummins
    It was Steven Hayes who changed my mind, about ten mins after we were chatting. He posted a link to a ninja 101 and had a very "hidden" message towords me or people like me. Then claimed all was real and gave a history of the ninja. It was so far from anything like what actually happened in Japan i had to come on and say something. I pointed out where this version of ninja history could never have happened. The response from Togakure people was so unbelieveable that it shocked me. and it broke something in me. The Togakure is considered very fake in Japan and by people like me. I now will no longer entertain it as even a possible entry. Its so far fetched. I reaslied that i wanted to help ninja students with the truth. But after the replies i got such as, "all your documentation is fake, all ninja research is bad, only hatsumi and hayes know the truth" i fully understood that i am trying to make a horse drink. So from now on, only historical ninja documetation will be talked about. No Togakure, no gendugan, no anyone who is not long dead!!!!So yes, back to my orginal gooal, real ninjutsu. for anyone who is interested. i am more than happy to share what i have. To some extent! :)

20 hours ago · Like · 3 people.

Jimmy Shakes Bertolo
    Interested, like CLOCKWORK - Antony! You already know! They say in life, the truth hurt's! HMM? This is not the case, by anymeans! The TEAM is about providing valid / historical data on Ninjutsu- Shinobijutsu! It's only about support for th...See more

17 hours ago · Like · 1 person.

Antony Cummins I know waht you mean, the third scroll of True Path really works in todays life. It makes you know when your friends are lying and why!

6. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Why would him deleting a bunch of negative videos suddenly make Bujinkan members receptive to his works? Even without his rants, it is still poorly researched(mostly online at that) garbage that is flawed and not taken seriously by anyone. I guess this Tom guy thinks people will just forget all the things Antony has said just because the videos disappeared. However, even without the videos, the mediocrity of AC's books is obvious.

Oh, I guess this ends his collaboration with Tomo Ryu and Christa Jacobson then too. Even Bujinkan members have issues with SKH's flawed anaylsis of ninjutsu history so it is interesting that AC groups the two together.

7. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I read his articles in this month's issue of Combat magazine. Suffice to say I won't be buying or reading that publication any more.

8. poryu

poryu Valued Member

So is he admitting that his friend Christa Jacobson is a liar?

Why did it take him so long to find out something we all knew anyway

9. Muawijhe

Muawijhe Dreams of Madness

I think that is a question we've all been scratching our heads over regarding Antony almost from the start.

10. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Valued Member

Okay, it's been a little while, but I was recently linked to a page which features Antony's "Scroll lesson" videos, with Christa Jacobson. I saw this one, and something stood out to me, which I found rather interesting, especially considering the way Antony has built his concept around what seems to be a rather clear mistake.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uARk3O0pVLk"]Ninjutsu Scroll Study Series! Lesson #13 + 六尺 棒術 技 -- Rokushaku Bojutsu Waza - YouTube[/ame]

I posted the following comment on the you-tube comments page itself, but remarkably it never made it up there... perhaps they only like positive comments from people like Dan Bowen (of all people, that's who supports you? That should be a big warning sign, guys...):

Might as well document it somewhere, and here seems to be the best place for that.

11. Chris Parker

Godsdammit, another double post....

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  12. Sylvain

Sylvain Valued Member

Ok, things interesting:

When he shows the parts, since he doesn't know Japanese, he shows an entire line, before showing a picture to underline the specific parts you should be looking at.

Someone who doesn't speak Japanese teaching how to study scrolls?

"How to study scrolls" and yet, all he shows is what he says with an over-played acting "joy": his favorite passage (yes, out of all the shoninki, that's what stood out for him), that he translates...wait, interpret from the translation he was given.

As for Jacobson...well, same personality cult as Antony on this video: No negative comment allowed (tried to comment on a video, where I saw her doing some awful knife technique), we usually end up with some over glorifying comments, that make you wonder if it's not the second comming(Cummin?).

As for your comment, of course it wont be display! How dare you contradict the master?

13. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

Oh, Heavens to Mergatroid. ;)

Thank you, thank you for my lulz of the day. The uncontrollable laughing started at 00:52 and it just didn't stop. He's back to the "dignity of the flying birds" thing I see. Not sure how much Antony has been out in nature, although there was that short-lived "living in a field without permission to build anything" incident, but I've seen plenty of times when hawks have been easily run off by much smaller birds. So if Antony and associates see themselves as highly ranked hawks, why is it that no one gets out of their way? And why is it that contradictory comments aren't allowed on their video pages? Doesn't seem very hawk-like to me. :hat:

14. Sylvain

Sylvain Valued Member

Because he is the ninja:yeleyes:
    It's not that much that negative comments are forbidden, it's more that the words get scared by his awesomeness, and the word disappear from the comment.

15. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

You might be onto something there... ;)

16. Chris Parker

Actually, negative comments were allowed on Antony's page (to a degree... he'd get huffy and ban you when he thought you may have too much of an argument!), these videos are coming up on Christa Jacobsons page, and she doesn't seem to let people tell her how bad they are... As an aside, I sent another comment, basically asking where my comment was, and if negative comments weren't allowed... that one didn't make it up either....

17. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Looks like Cummins is turning into Max Bygraves. All we need are cosy slippers, a comfy chair and maybe some Horlicks or a nice brandy or cigar.

18. Fu_Bag

Fu_Bag Valued Member

LOL. Yeah, I was thinking he'd be that much more convincing wearing a smoking jacket and kicking back in a big, comfy chair.

But I also think Manga pegged him pretty well with that Hitler video... :hat:

19. Please reality

Please reality Back to basics

Besides the dignity aspect, I have been thinking about the flying bird concept as well. Asuka or Hicho might be a reference to something deeper perhaps. Just goes to show you that depending on the educational and cultural knowledge of the person doing the original kanbun into modern Japanese, their interpretation will decide the fate for anyone coming after them. More the reason to make sure that you find the best people for the job.

20. Tsukaneru

Tsukaneru Valued Member

Is AC STILL going! quite a little cult he has there. No that's not a typo.

Well, I'm inspired. I might have to go and live in Japan. Work in a temple, watch training, take photos of my starved self and then get a degree in archeology! Then again, I can't be arsed.