Antifa will be Classified as Terrorists

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pretty In Pink, May 31, 2020.

1. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I had a feeling that photo was ripe for an epic meme run. This one is my favorite so far.

[​IMG]

IronMaiden1991, Mitch, axelb and 3 others like this.
  2. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Yeah. Necronomicon wins it for me.

axelb, Dead_pool and Mitlov like this.
  3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I know there are people who support him, but after he approved teargassing people at a church for a photo opportunity, I fail to see how?

I know many Americans who don't support him, I'm just curious to hear from those that do and are happy to defend his actions.

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  4. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I know a forum that has a lot of supporters, I could send you a link and you could see for yourself.

5. David Harrison

'He wears the armor of God': evangelicals hail Trump's church photo op

Hard to argue with that logic...

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I remember watching a documentary on the BBC about his supporters when he was first elected (yes it's the BBC and bias as hell ) what shocked me wasn't true red neck hillbillies who thought he was the second coming, but the soccer mums in middle America who thought he was,

I remember thinking then he can do anything, abuse women, be blackmailed by the Russians, lie cheat and steal and wreck the constitution and they will still vote for him. And it's been proved right you can even add in be responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths and his supporters won't waver.

Whether it's poor education standards, brainwashing by right wing religious programming, or by CNN and Hollywood, or what I don't know but they see him as the second coming and nothing will change that view,

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

You've misspelt "insane logical fallacies"

We have a similar problem in the UK, Brexit became a rallying cry for a large swaith of people who wanted change but didn't want to except it was our own fault why society is structured the way it is, and then Boris's (or Alexander to give him his actual name) alternative was rightly or wrongly (I'd say 70 to 80% wrongly myself) ridiculed in the press, and we end up where we are, 60 thousand excess deaths and counting, and about to have a hard Brexit with no trade deals signed.

David Harrison and axelb like this.
  8. Dead_pool

Anti-fascists linked to zero murders in the US in 25 years

Well isn't that an interesting read.

"broadly, the database lists 21 victims killed in leftwing attacks since 2010 , and 117 victims of rightwing attacks in that same period – nearly six times as much. Attacks inspired by the Islamic State and similar jihadist groups, in contrast, killed 95 people since 2010, slightly fewer than rightwing extremists, according to the data set. More than half of these victims died in a a single attack on a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, in 2016."

David Harrison likes this.
  9. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Brexit seemed like a group of people entirely misunderstanding where power was located in this country - it was our governemnt that allowed immigration from much of eastern and central europe before even Germany - if your going to be annoyed with anyone about immigration, it should be with our own government.

It's our employers that dont give workers a fair wage and will happily undercut with cheaper (often illegally lower paid) immigrant labour.

All this anger at "others" is misplaced, its the systems closer to home that are the problem for many.

10. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Fourteen years isn't that long a time, is it? :(

[​IMG]

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Been a while since ive been on MAP so my wit is no longer sharp - what do you mean? (also why the image from children of men?)

12. Dead_pool

I assumed it was a reference to the films date, but I was wrong

"The film takes place in 2027, when two decades of human infertility have left society on the brink of collapse. "

13. Grond

Grond Valued Member

Fourteen years since the movie, one of the best ever made, came out, and in retrospect the film is being called "prescient" in that it predicated the 2015 immigrant crisis, the pandemic, the xenophia and alienation of Great Britain, and the recent expansion of autocracy, police state activities, and otherism in supposedly modern democratic nations. There's also the rise of anarchist and left-wing militants, terrorism, you name it.

Actually, there is probably no other film on record I can think of that so closely identifies the issues with hate and otherism inside Great Britain today, especially to greater Europe and foreigners. That's not just my opinion, many critics and scholars are starting to point out the eerie similarities between what's supposed to be a dystopian movie set 21 years after the actual movie premiered. Interestingly, the book which the movie was loosely based on (another critical masterpiece) occurs in 2021. So here we are folks. Even the self-driving cars are happening now, just like in the movie.

I really don't want to spoil the plot of such a great movie by spilling details but that image is of a bureaucrat helping a refugee mother out of an immigrant/refugee concentration, defoulement, and death camp right at Bexhill-on-the-Sea. That's the British Army fighting an insurgency of imprisoned "others", the ones they didn't just execute on their way into the camp.

Brexit/Brexhill. I hate spooky coincidences like that. Anyways, there's your answer.

14. Grond

Grond Valued Member

I need to correct myself, I used the wrong word in the last post. Replace "defoulment" with "refoulement", which is the process of repatriating refugees and asylum seekers to their home countries, back to the horror.

So we can add the dismission of international law to the themes of Children of Men. This is a heavy, heavy movie. I personally don't find the movie depressing, more enlightening and inspiring, especially by Clive Owens performance. What an Everyman! :D

15. David Harrison

And the first big shock is landing: that soon we won't be able to send refugees back to France or Germany. We'll have to deal with them (probably another reason the Tories don't want the European Convention of Human Rights put into law), and we'll have to give millions to France if we want them to stop migrants crossing the Channel.

Oh, and of course the ERG lot wanting to turn us into a tax haven, privatise health care so we pay 2-3 times as much like they do in the US, and reducing food and agriculture standards so we eat poison and kill off wildlife.

Yay! Taking back control! :rolleyes:

SWC Sifu Ben and Dead_pool like this.