Antifa Forming "Self Defence" Group

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Pretty In Pink, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Whit

Whit Valued Member

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Agreed, but if antifa and the majority of other left wingers are the enemies of our enemies, then that makes them our friends, at least for now.

3. Dead_pool

Your link

"Fox News led all basic cable networks this year, with an average of 2,475,000 viewers in primetime – up 36% from last year. CNN jumped 77% (from 732,000 to 1,298,000), and MSNBC leaped 77% (from 596,000 to 1,113,000)"

So fox "news" has more viewers in that year then CNN and MSNBC added together.

4. Whit

Whit Valued Member

Ex student that works near the university, I don't consider myself right wing I'm closer to classic liberalism, let's just say because of my lifestyle choices me and the right wing don't get on.

It's been reported but it never really went anywhere.

5. Whit

Whit Valued Member

NETWORK

CBS

NBC

ABC

None of which are right wing

6. Dead_pool

None of which are rolling 24 news networks either.

(as far as I'm aware)

So of the 24 hour news networks, FOX NEWS seems to be the leading 24 news network for that year.

When I'm home, I'll have a proper look at the stats to see if I've missed anything, but from a quick look, it looks that way.

7. Dead_pool

8. Whit

Whit Valued Member

9. Dead_pool

10. Dead_pool

But are not 24 hours news channels, and 24 hours news cycles dominate the media, in terms of content and pure hourly output.

The Scifi channel is left leaning, it doesn't mean anything in this context though.

11. Dead_pool

That sounds like you would be right wing, but your personal life makes it impossible.

If it was investigated by the police and nothing happened, it sounds like you may be making something out of nothing.

12. Whit

Whit Valued Member

I really wouldnt, and people trying to jump me isnt making something out of nothing.

13. Dead_pool

So what actually happened? Did your DL training help?

14. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Going to leave that there, if you get anything useful or not out of it is another thing. Its at least a good showing of Hallins spheres. (contains lanaguge)

Also, define "right wing", as the political compass divides them, left and right is economic scale Left is Communism/Collectivism Right is Neo Liberalism/Libertarianism. the Up and down scale is social top being authoritarian and bottom being Libertarianism. Being right wing is not bad as you can be more or less authoritarian/Libertarian same with left wing. It argues its points better than i can.* :p I personally hate it when i get generalised into "the left" like i have anythign to do with Stalinism or Marxism, i am pretty sure the same is for the right.

The Political Compass *

Have to cut it short, but media will paint a narrative which supports its ideology, everyone does it unless its truly unbias or doesnt care for the topic (unlikely). Whoever controls the media controls everything, its harder now days because of the internet. (problems in terms of censorship on the internet is cropping up slowly) If you get the same narrative over and over again with no opposition you will eventually believe it if you listen to it, especially if its somone with authority doing it. (not saying anyone is guilty or exempt, thats just how it works)

15. Dead_pool

Far-right in smear campaign against Antifa

Watching it now, I liked the link it had about the fake anti antifa stuff, and how the right wing guy who was stabed by antifa had actually faked it.

There does seem to be a lot of fake news stories put out, and from what I've seen, it's mostly from the right wing.

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

ANTIFA are not "good guys." They're not as bad as people are making them out to be yet, but they do enough damage, incite enough violence against people who aren't what they say their target is (sorry, being right wing doesn't make you a nazi or white supremacist), do enough property damage, and are attempting to organize under an intolerant ideology enough that they need to be addressed. Are they equivalent to the long standing traditions and actions of white supremacists over a couple hundred years? Obviously not.

You don't have to look hard to find video footage of ANTIFA assaulting people who are not white supremacists, shutting down right wing speakers who aren't white supremacists, and attacking people who are not white supremacists. ANTIFA are representative of a larger issue in America that involves a lot of other different groups, and it all revolves around identity politics. Wherever you find identity politics you find a cancer in society. The developing political climate that caters to these identity politics in which ANTIFA often plays a part in, are troubling. The only difference between the identity politics of the "left" and the identity politics of the "right" (white supremacy) is that the "right" has been established longer in the United States. We know the route of violence identity politics go, so I don't see why voicing opposition to more extreme groups like ANTIFA that take part in these identity politics is such an outrage to some people.

Most of the argument for ANTIFA in this thread is simply a false equivalency. We can all agree white supremacy is bad. I'll go further and say I wish the federal and state governments would do more to shut them down. That doesn't excuse the actions of ANTIFA or other groups of people are excusable. You don't wait until the slippery slope has been reached before you address it.

The defense of Marxism/Communism in this thread is pretty crazy too. That was identity politics as well, and millions of people died because of it. The attempts at justification for it are disheartening.

Anwolf, Whit and Southpaw535 like this.
  17. Dead_pool

So after scanning through it, he makes multiple mistakes in specific points (some of which he admits) and cherry picks examples to make a click bait piece for your tube to make money via advertising.

But the whole political compass thing is pretty solid, (and very well known).

I cant argue with you on the media and narrative.

The issue is how close the narrative, Is to reality. That's why generally the BBC is good, both left and right wingers say it's biased, which means, on the whole it's not.

18. Dead_pool

As you said, right wing white supremacy has a longstanding toe hold in America.

How are you going to stop this without a group identity that's against white supremacists? Which should really be the default position.

(definitely judge them on their other actions however)

19. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Under an identity that doesn't pass blame onto another group of people that everyone can be a part of. Maybe being "American" is a good one?

20. Dead_pool

Sounds good to me!

As long as the head of America steps up to do his bit!