Antifa Forming "Self Defence" Group

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Pretty In Pink, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Youtube is clickbaity, cant argue with people trying to do their jobs, its not like main strema media outlets are not less clickbaity.

If you read between the lines the problem is mitigated along with looking at a few diffrent places with varying opinions on the matter. If that particular article is bias against a group thats holding event, should disregard their opinions and just take the facts like "Group X is holding an event in Z". Allegiances always change after all. The general feel i get from the BBC is, its biased towards the state and generally publishes things in the interest of the state. Sometimes it is just fun to watch argument agaisnt something controversial which isnt a objective argument.

And on intelligence a video which seems like a good basis:

Not just one type of intelligence.

[edit] If we are doing identity politics i am a proud kekistani:p

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

It was identity politics because it was the proletariat and bourgeoisie. It manipulated different cultures, ways of life, success and failure, etc. into being one of those groups, where one group was the enemy just because they fit a set of bullet points rather than their actual contribution to society or who they were as people. It has evolved into something different in the United States, but under the same banner of communism, or post modern neo marxist progressivism or whatever. You don't do that same kind of thing under capitalism.

Every world power does harm abroad, from proxy wars to basically slave labor, and regardless of what political system they use. That argument isn't the same as the issues I'm currently addressing.

3. Ero-Sennin

You don't want to admit it because you have this belief that the man is a complete idiot and you do not want to shift from that viewpoint because you believe it in your heart and soul. You will continue to try to rationalize and justify your belief based on this, regardless of his other successes and displays of intelligence. You will always find a reason.

And because I don't agree with you, you'll associate me with somebody who supports Trump regardless of the things I've agreed on and voiced about my disdain for the man. That's how this generally goes. : P

4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I think the only difference is one of timescale. Capitalism is a direct descendent of monarchy, which by your terms is the most pernicious form of identity politics the world has seen. Was the American Revolution identity politics? What about either of our civil wars? How about the native genocides necessary for the spread of European capitalist production?

I think you're playing fast and loose with a term that didn't exist until 1970's feminism. Any war, revolution, or even political system could be called "identity politics" by your description.

5. Ero-Sennin

Conquests of greed under a capitalist system does not give capitalism identity politics. Capitalism is not based on the idea that some people deserve more or less based on their identity, but rather their abilities and tenacity. Does it always work that way? Hell no. Systems like communism are based on identities and perceived victimhood.

6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

And that's where your wrong, but I really don't see any current evidence for his 'inteligence' beyond being rich, and being a good flimflam man, give me the evidence and I'll reevaluate.

Maybe you can see something I can't, but as my dear father used to say, "if you sit on the fence too long, you'll get splinters in your ****."

7. Dead_pool

Thats only true if inheriting wealth wasn't a thing, and all schooling, was freely available according to ability.

David Harrison likes this.
  8. Ero-Sennin

I'm not on the fence. I don't like him and wouldn't mind seeing him impeached if there's enough irrefutable evidence found in the investigation of him on Russia.

I'm not in either yard though, and that doesn't mean I'm on the fence. The way I live my life and take action, I'm more of the person who stands on the sidewalk looking into the yard and at the fence people are sitting on, observing and trying to make sense of it. I don't care to take part, it's just interesting to me. Maybe when everyone starts shooting guns and it messes with people on the sidewalk I'll be more inclined to get involved, but we're in a pretty thick situation if that occurs.

9. Ero-Sennin

Hence the sentence that followed that one?

10. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

From what i know, a lot of peopel acknowledge that capitalism is based on equal start. I believe thats given as one of the prerequisites for a capitalist system to work well.

edit: Its usually given to people on the basis everyone deserves a equal start and they try to give you a functional start.

(also, wealth inherence isnt bad a sits usually earnt by the person who distributes it, will you tell me somone cannot use their money how they see fiCapitalistlist belief. You cna discriminate agaist upper classes as much as you can lower ones)

11. Dead_pool

So why not make education free, and have an inheritance tax, isn't trump in the middle of removing your current inheritance tax?

12. David Harrison

That's as big a pile of nonsense as saying that the Soviet Union or China redistributed and collectivised their means of production equally, and without a class system.

Communism didn't come from perceived victimhood, it came from real, genuine victimhood via feudalism and socioeconomic class structures.

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Dead_pool

Because otherwise all the capital collects into a few big families.

14. Dead_pool

15. David Harrison

Read your post again. It's completely paradoxical.

People with Norman names are still wealthier, on average, than other Britons a millennium later. How's that for an equal start?

Dead_pool likes this.
  16. Ero-Sennin

My use of perceived victimhood doesn't mean people weren't a victim. It means the extent to which they believed they were victims, and who they were able to make the oppressor and bring to the slaughter and justify it, was perceived at a greater degree than what it was. It allowed the thought process of, "this person has more than me so obviously they're evil and deserve to die or suffer, and I have a moral right to take their stuff because I'm the oppressed."

We're just going to have to find figures on the amount of people slaughtered and why to justify our points I guess.

17. Dead_pool

The original Russian revolution was pretty dam justified.

With video for Millenials

18. Ero-Sennin

There are valid arguments about inheritance on both sides of the isle. It's not my area of interest.

I do have free education. I contributed to society in a way in which that was a reward. I don't think adjusting taxes and trying to manipulate it is the best way to go about getting free education. Rather maybe doing public service in some shape or form (not just the military) would grant free education to people in a financially feasible way? But then people would have to actually do something to contribute beyond paying taxes, and we can't have that of course.

19. Ero-Sennin

And many of the groups playing identity politics in the United States are justified in their outrage. The method they are choosing to go about it, as the vast majority of communist nations did, is simply not the way to go given the eventual result.

20. David Harrison

I actually think that political ideologies are largely window dressing for human behaviour, at least once the people involved get a taste of power.

I don't see much practical difference between, say, Mao's Cultural Revolution and the Spanish Inquisition.