Anti Kimura Muscles

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Kibbles, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS! SHENANIGANS!:bang:

2. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Kibbles

Hi Hannibal. I'm seriously trying to get it to work but not expecting it to. No joke. Yes, I'm weird.

What sort of threads are supposed to go in the "What Not to Do" section anyhow?

3. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Whatever man. I guess no one experiments these days.

4. Hannibal

A) Then you are wasting your time and quite honestly bandwith. No-one here is going to buy into your delusions so stop trying to seek out praise or approval and go to a board that might buy into such BS

and

B) Threads that are asinine and borderline trolling

5. Hannibal

Yes they do - just not with complete crap like you are suggesting.

You might as well try to launch a sonic-boom

6. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Now this sounds like trolling. People could just let the topic die.

7. Hannibal

Bye then.....

8. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What does that have to do with this?

Fighting is different from sports, simply because in actuality it's no game.

I'm going to say I don't think it's going to work quite as well as you think it might. Think of all the knee strikes a person can take to the same area while being controlled and actually pulled into them, yet somehow their heart isn't stopping.

9. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

That's just my response to:
    "Thoughts like these are why people need to quit theorizing and go and actually bang it out with someone so they see how real fighting actually works."

I'm just saying I know how fighting works, sports or otherwise. I've been in real fights on the street for my life. I'm still alive. Not boasting or anything. Just trying to explain that.

Fair enough and good point.

10. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

What's the difference between "actual fights" and "real ones on the street"? That makes no sense.

You seem to have some very unrealistic views regarding your training then despite your claimed experiences.

11. Hannibal

Exactly - SHENANIGANS!!!!

12. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I think I smell something...

Attached Files:

13. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

i think this pretty much sums it up.

14. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Sorry. I worded that poorly. That statement was not meant to imply there was a difference.

Can't prove to you my experiences. All I'm saying is people should try not to assume too much about others and the things I post in "What not to do" are really things people shouldn't do and I know this.

And no I have not been devoting hours upon hours to exercise "anti-kimura muscles" as some might think, just because I thought it up. I'm really more wondering if I can incorporate strengthening those muscles in my training routine because those particular muscles seem to be somewhat neglected through the course of normal exercise and may buy me a few more seconds against one of the more popular grappling techniques.

I feel people overreact... Well, not you. Other people.

Rather than saying "that's a bad idea" and calmly exploring why it is a bad idea, they start going on about how the poster supposedly trains and what the poster supposedly knows about martial arts or fighting and such. And this is a common trend that really doesn't lead to an answer to the question.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  15. Hannibal

Kibbles you have been told so many times that it is a ponintless endeavour yet you still press on with asinine assertions as if on some kind of crusade against orthodoxy.

We "assume" as you put it because NOTHING you say suggest in any way that you have ANY experience of combat. I don't care how many times you claim street effectiveness, your words show that your are clueless about certain realities that have been empirically proven.

You do not need to re-invent the wheel, which is exactly what you are trying to do. What makes it worse is that you do not listen to people far more qualified, experienced and competent than yourself.

16. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

I'm listening to Kuma. He's polite and he makes sense.

Also, crusade against orthodoxy? I just went to "what not to do" to ask questions about things that no one would normally do.

And what does my being combat capable or not have to do with the question? (I'm surprised it was even brought up) It's a question about which muscles are in opposition to a kimura motion. And what assertions am I actually making? That this will work? I'm not telling anyone that, or that they should try this, or that anyone should even train this way. If it's a pointless endeavor, what harm could it do to you or anyone here? Some people like to stack cards. I feel that's pointless but I don't get on anyone's case over it.

17. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

A kimura's a joint lock, so it's more attacking the actual weak points of the arm and shoulder than going up against the muscles of the arm and shoulder. I don't think any amount of strength training will really add a great deal of resistance to a properly applied kimura, and that's exactly why it's done the way it is: so a smaller person can use it effectively against a bigger, stronger opponent.

18. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Someone here should know this. I hear that kimura injuries are usually to the elbow joint itself. Is this true?
    (And no I'm not planning on elbow strengthening either. Just asking.)

19. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

20. Kibbles

Kibbles The Iron Bucket

Thank you for humouring me nonetheless.

I wouldn't have any access to any actual accurate wrestling/BJJ/MMA injury data but I found some accounts of the injuries caused by a kimura (Below)

------
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080727164233AAPAYnV

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/anyone-had-kimura-injury-1143356/

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126093113

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/forum/injuries/51694-left-shoulder-elbow-wrist-injury.html

Edit: Oh, kimura's kimura broke helio gracie's elbow
    http://judoinfo.com/new/alphabetical-list/people-in-judo/549-masahiko-kimura-1917-1993
    -----

Apparently, the supraspinatus is also affected (or maybe mostly)

Also, if the serratus anterior is affected, the shoulder blade is being pulled out of place? That would absolutely suck.

So I guess that would be the infraspinatus and Latissimus Dorsi getting it for the reverse kimura.

There are a lot of notations of elbow injury. Which leads to my (hopefully) final question on this. Would this mean that strength in the muscles of the "kimura victim" can, rather than mitigating damage, even contribute to tearing or dislocation of the joints involved? (Elbow in particular maybe?)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011