Another Robber Gets Beaten Up

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

whooooooa!

That man was WELL outta order. Nothing I saw made the guy deserve that kind of beating!

3. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Crime sucks and aggressive crime sucks the most. He deserves whatever the proprietor feels like dishing out. Hopefully, he got more when they went out of camera shot.

If you set a level for an acceptable response to a particular streetcrime , that's the same as saying streetcrime is acceptable to a degree. It ain't so.

4. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I agree with this in many ways, if the criminal thinks that this is the sort of beating they are likely to get from attempting this then there is less chance they are going to do it.

i came across this many times in my teenage years, even with a few guys asking for money, if they felt that it wasn't going to be an easy ride then they would back down and not try it again.

5. Angelus

Angelus Waiting for summer :D

wow i feel bad for the thief!
    poor guy.. what was he stealing?

6. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Mixed feelings on this one. The beating was pretty savage, and certainly carried on far longer than most would consider reasonable. As always, it'd be nice to have some kind of history as it's hard to judge these things in isolation. Perhaps he'd been harassed by this guy and his friends numerous times in the past, or perhaps he just needs anger management therapy. :D

7. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Not enough context to decide either way really. But I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to the shop keeper.

To be honest... most shop keepers aren't in the habit of beating down customers for minor infractions of social mores.

1) the guy jumps up on the counter

2)
    he constantly reaches into his waistband
    (if that was vs. a cop he'd have gotten shot!!)

3) he gets owned like the idiot he is

My guess he was saying he had a gun and he ran into some Pakistani or Iranian store clerk who called his bluff and gave him a beating.

Do stupid stuff.... get a beating.

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Yeah I've gotta agree with Slip. I'm sure a shop owner isn't going to dish out a beasting for no reason.

I wonder what happened to him when he was dragged off out of the camera's view.

9. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

i wouldn't carry on the beating for so long, but I imagine one things for sure: that guy won't be coming back or anyone else any time soon.

10. slipthejab

naw... I doubt this guys business depends on one idiot. Besides no one wants to patronize a shop that isn't safe. So the guy probably just improved his business.

11. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

If I'm basing my reaction just on the tape, I say "overboard". Just not enough there, IMO. Problem is, we have no audio. What did the robber say? Did he threaten to go outside and get his posse of friends? Did he threaten to shopkeeper? What happened off-camera?

12. sprint

sprint Banned Banned

that flying ninja kick at the beginning seemed too good to be true... str8 outta a bruce lee flick

13. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

hahahahahahhaha, awesome.

When the guy was trying to curl into fetal position, while the owner was on his side GnPing all I was thinking was, "TAKE THE ARMBAR! No wait! ARM TRIANGLE NOW! HE'S GIVING YOU THE ARM TAKE SOMETHING!"

14. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

:D LOLZ! Yeah, there's a part of the video when the shopkeeper's got the guy on the floor towards the right of the screen and I was sure he was gonna go for a juuji gatame. I was waiting for it to happen!

15. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Our expectations are too high for common shop-keepers mayhaps? We need to get them into some Judo classes ASAP, so that their valiant store-front defenses are more entertaining for us on youtube.

16. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

In that video it looked to me like a guy getting beaten up by 2 robbers? By the guy standing at the back and the guy doing the beating throwing his top back to him. Was a bit odd.
    Without sound its hard to judge what was going on/ did he deserve it.

17. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I'm not sure having sound would make it any easier to determine if someone deserved it or not.

Not unless you could clearly hear the attacker shouting "You deserve this!" :D

18. slipthejab

and this!!!

KAPOW!!!

and this!!!

KERRAACCKKK!!!

and how about some of this!!!

KAHHBANG!!!

and here's some of this!!!

KAAAWSSCCHHWANG!!!

:D

yep... soundtrack would definitely help in a court of law.

19. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

Looks like he was trying to intimidate the guy behind the counter, and so the other guy ran out of the back and laid the smack down.

Maybe they beat some sense into him.

20. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

I think a Batman sound track would have made it more comical too Slip :p

Watched it again, i think you might be right JayKayD