Another "please check my weight routine" thread!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by KidCanFight, Aug 10, 2005.

1. KidCanFight

KidCanFight good is not good enough

I know this is the 100,000,000,000th thread like this, but I would like to know if my routine is good. :)

I do this 3 times a week. I am 14.

Back:
    Back Extension
    Dumbbell shrug

Chest:
    Pushups
    Bench Press

Shoulders:
    Lateral raise
    Shoulder press

Bicep:
    Concentration Curl
    Dumbbell bicep curl

Tricep:
    Single arm tricep extension

Wrists:
    Wrist curl

Abs:
    Crunches
    twist crunch

Legs:
    Leg extension
    free Squat
    Jump squat

2. ninjamonkey

ninjamonkey New Member

Um... How much free time do you have?

Seriously though, that looks more like a bbers workout when he's doing hard roids. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid

Even if you were training since you were a fetus, you'd get better results keeping it simple, full body routine doing Squats or Deadlifts, Rows or Chinups, Bench and maybe some ab work or some other more specific thing you want to chuck in there for fun.

I know I sound like a broken tape recorder to people who can be bothered reading what I write :cool: but those four/five exercises are what most people will excel with, obviously not everyone will. Give me a reason why it won't work for you and I might change it a little to meet you're needs :) .

Well, happy training

3. KidCanFight

I dont understand

4. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Here at MAP we generally classify exersises in 2 catagories. Isolations and compounds. The difference is that isolations work only a select group of muscles and usually only involve one moving joint. Where as compounds are multi joint exersises that allow you to move lots of weight. These are refered to as "money" exersises because they will make you bigger and/or stronger than any isolations ever could. In fact, isolations do very little for strength.

Do these:

Squat, Deadlift, Benchpress, military press, rows, dips, pullups.

The routine you listed has almost 90% isolations. You would have been wasting your time pretty much.

So, given your age, I would recomend you take your 3 days at the gym and do 3 full body workouts weekly.

Day 1:

Squat, bench press, barbell row

Day 2:

Deadlift, dips, chinups

Day 3

Squat, Military press, seated row.

You could optionally include some weighted ab work and grip work in there as you please.

Do all these in a 5x5 (5 sets of 5 reps) fashion, with your 7-8 rep max.

5. KidCanFight

Ok. I cant do dips or chinups though because I dont have dip or pullup bars.
    How do I do a seated row?
    I do TKD as well.

6. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

You can dip between two chairs, and seated rows are usually done on a machine.

7. KidCanFight

There arent any gyms nearby that I am old enough to use. I only have a weight bench, barbell, dumbbells, a medicine ball, and Now I think of it there is a bar outside I can do pullups on so I can do them.

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Don't do seated rows then, just do bent over rows.

9. KidCanFight

Ok. Thanks.

10. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Pullups can be done off of an open door. Just make sure you're not too heavy for the hinges.... :eek: